Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skinny
    replied
    Thats a very good point actually. Where's the sense in learning vB2 when vB3 is well under way...

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    ive hacked my own boards running vb3 and upgraded an rehacked

if your starting to vb3 like theyve said no sense in learning vb2 only to have vb3 go into rc soon

Leave a comment:

• UHN_ED
    replied
    Originally posted by Kenji4861
    Can we also hack vB3 beta all we want and it'll upgrade to vB3 final with no problems?
    No, but you could not do that while going from one stable version of vB2 to another either. The whole reason versions are updated is because they changed the code, so you need to upload new files.

You can always re-apply the hacks, but since it is beta, there may be a bug that causes the code to change greatly, making the hack not work with the new version.

Leave a comment:

• poolking
    replied
    Originally posted by N9ne
    Not necessarily, you could use a program like Beyond Compare or Araxis Merge to compare the modified files with the new ones and go from there .
    Yes I have used Beyond Compare, but think about it you are still re-applying hacks to the new files before uploading.

So whatever way you look at it you are still re-applying the hacks.

Leave a comment:

• N9ne
    replied
    Originally posted by poolking
    Any hacks you would make at RC would disappear in the final version as you would be overwriting the php files and the templates, so you would have to re-apply them.

The same happens with vB2.
    Not necessarily, you could use a program like Beyond Compare or Araxis Merge to compare the modified files with the new ones and go from there .

Leave a comment:

• poolking
    replied
    Originally posted by Kenji4861
    Can we also hack vB3 beta all we want and it'll upgrade to vB3 final with no problems?
    Any hacks you would make at RC would disappear in the final version as you would be overwriting the php files and the templates, so you would have to re-apply them.

The same happens with vB2.

Leave a comment:

• Kenji4861
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Erwin
    replied
    Originally posted by BillaBongUSA
    Actually, it's vB. The abbreviation must be bolded, and the "B" must always be a larger font size than the "v." The "v" must be coloured purple, and the "B" has to be yellow. Any other combination of colours probably represents a different definition. Also, you have to type the "v" with your pinky to denote that it does not stand for anything in particular, and the "B" must be struck with your middle finger to emphasize the aggressiveness of this particular bulletin board. Finally, always shout the abbreviation at the top of your lungs as you are typing it. Following these guidelines will not only show how much you respect the vBulletin software, but it will also fill all those around you with extasy and joy!
    LOL!!! That's great!!!

I love vB!

Leave a comment:

• BillaBongUSA
    replied
    Actually, it's vB. The abbreviation must be bolded, and the "B" must always be a larger font size than the "v." The "v" must be coloured purple, and the "B" has to be yellow. Any other combination of colours probably represents a different definition. Also, you have to type the "v" with your pinky to denote that it does not stand for anything in particular, and the "B" must be struck with your middle finger to emphasize the aggressiveness of this particular bulletin board. Finally, always shout the abbreviation at the top of your lungs as you are typing it. Following these guidelines will not only show how much you respect the vBulletin software, but it will also fill all those around you with extasy and joy!

Leave a comment:

• tgillespie
    replied
    Originally posted by Erwin
    Same here. Best to get acquainted with it now.
    My opinion too. Hes obviously starting out, so there is no benifit in learning vB2 when he is just going to switch to vB3 in a matter of time. I consider vB3 stable enough for production environment...

Leave a comment:

• Erwin
    replied
    Originally posted by ogden2k
    If I were to start over, I'd go with vB3 myself.
    Same here. Best to get acquainted with it now.

Leave a comment:

• Mainer82
    replied
    If I were to start over, I'd go with vB3 myself.

Leave a comment:

• Skinny
    replied
    Got it!

Leave a comment:

• Andrew111888
    replied
    Just a little pointer, it's vB, not VB.

vB=vBulletin, VB= Visual Basic.

Leave a comment:

• Skinny
    replied
    Thanks guys. The general consensus is stick to VB2 and then upgrade when RC comes out. Sounds good to me.

Thanks again

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X