Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vb2 or vb3?

Hi folks,

Just a quickie. While I'm waiting for my hosting to come through, I'd like to know your opinions on using VB2 or VB3 for my forums. I am new to Vbulletin and this would be my first VB forum.

I like the new features in VB3 although, ultimatly, VB2 is more stable than VB3 which is still in beta. I dont know much difference between the two in terms of stability but what would you recommened I use?

Also, I'm guessing it will be easy to upgrade VB3 beta6 to RC than it would from VB2..

What are your thoughts on this?

For a new user to VB, i recommend vB2. but that's only my opinion.

Comment

I would recomend the stable 2.3.2 there are also more hacks as well and its more and more common to see on the web. Alot of newbies use 2.3.2 because its stable and alot easier to adjust but since RC is coming out soon for vB3 i would just stay with 2.3.2 and upgrade when its released

Comment

Stick with vB2 for now

Comment

Originally posted by Sephiroth189
          I would recomend the stable 2.3.2 there are also more hacks as well and its more and more common to see on the web. Alot of newbies use 2.3.2 because its stable and alot easier to adjust but since RC is coming out soon for vB3 i would just stay with 2.3.2 and upgrade when its released
          Don't do it because there more hacks 4 vB2. If he is planning to upgrade to vB3, he should not install any hacks as that would cause him not being able to use the upgrade-script.

Just install vB2 and when vB3 hits RC upgrade to it.
          :rolleyes: :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: :rolleyes:

Comment

Install vB2 and install no hacks, then when vB3 goes stable, upgrade to it, and then install hacks.

Comment

Thanks guys. The general consensus is stick to VB2 and then upgrade when RC comes out. Sounds good to me.

Thanks again

Comment

Just a little pointer, it's vB, not VB.

vB=vBulletin, VB= Visual Basic.

Comment

Got it!

Comment

If I were to start over, I'd go with vB3 myself.

Comment

Originally posted by ogden2k
                      If I were to start over, I'd go with vB3 myself.
                      Same here. Best to get acquainted with it now.

Comment

Originally posted by Erwin
                        Same here. Best to get acquainted with it now.
                        My opinion too. Hes obviously starting out, so there is no benifit in learning vB2 when he is just going to switch to vB3 in a matter of time. I consider vB3 stable enough for production environment...
                        Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

Actually, it's vB. The abbreviation must be bolded, and the "B" must always be a larger font size than the "v." The "v" must be coloured purple, and the "B" has to be yellow. Any other combination of colours probably represents a different definition. Also, you have to type the "v" with your pinky to denote that it does not stand for anything in particular, and the "B" must be struck with your middle finger to emphasize the aggressiveness of this particular bulletin board. Finally, always shout the abbreviation at the top of your lungs as you are typing it. Following these guidelines will not only show how much you respect the vBulletin software, but it will also fill all those around you with extasy and joy!
                          http://www.arsegaming.com/dice/index.php/stuff.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by BillaBongUSA
                            Actually, it's vB. The abbreviation must be bolded, and the "B" must always be a larger font size than the "v." The "v" must be coloured purple, and the "B" has to be yellow. Any other combination of colours probably represents a different definition. Also, you have to type the "v" with your pinky to denote that it does not stand for anything in particular, and the "B" must be struck with your middle finger to emphasize the aggressiveness of this particular bulletin board. Finally, always shout the abbreviation at the top of your lungs as you are typing it. Following these guidelines will not only show how much you respect the vBulletin software, but it will also fill all those around you with extasy and joy!
                            LOL!!! That's great!!!

I love vB!

Comment

Can we also hack vB3 beta all we want and it'll upgrade to vB3 final with no problems?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X