RIAA Sues Twelve year old girl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UHN_ED
    Mabye before the DMCA you would be correct (I am assuming we are both talking about inside the USA since this is primarily a topic about the RIAA) too bad the DMCA says no.
    Wow I did not know that!

Anyway and you guys can think want after I say this but the only reason I bought a liscense for vB is cause I seen how awesome it was on my "PIRATED VERSION" yes folks when I first started using vB its was with the intent to get away with a free copy that I see a lot on Kazaa btw. So while it is bad that I did that at first there is 85 dollars that JS would never have seen if it wasn't for piracy, and another 160 when I renew. And I'm sure I'm not the only one with a story like this, so in my opinion piracy has it's good side.

Comment

Repost:
      http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showp...9&postcount=33
      Webmaster / Administrator
      www.MegaGames.com
      www.MGForums.com

Comment

Originally posted by ShiningArcanine
        There already is. It is called pressplay. Microsoft partnered with it.
        Unfortunatly pressplay hasnt gained neally as much producer support as iTunes. pressplay is awsome because it works with my walkman(network walkman), but itunes has alot more songs.

they are not the same thing

Though, as soon as itunes releases its windows clients(lets hope they dont crap it up like they do quicktime!), itll kill pressplay.

Comment

Originally posted by 21productionz
          Wow I did not know that!
          If you knew that what you said was wrong, then why did you say it?

Comment

He said not... There's a "not" in there.
            http://www.arsegaming.com/dice/index.php/stuff.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Scott MacVicar
              I agree completely with what the RIAA are doing, if your willing to download someone elses product and use it then they deserve the money that they are charging for it.

Its the same with any sort of software, be it a Microsoft product or even a copy of vBulletin. Why should they get it for free?

Register story was updated last night they settled for $2000 for the 12 year old.

Consider using apples new service called iTunes completely legal and you still get your mp3's.
              http://www.apple.com/music/store/

Just my opnion.
              That's true Scott...but when VHS came out people were freaking out. Disney embraced the VHS and look where it got it....a whole ot of VHS and they kept the price to a reasonable amount that discouraged people from copying.

I think the RIAA needs to take a page out of Disney's book and learn how to embrace technology and progressions...and rather not fight it
              ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
              Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

When you buy a VHS you pay a royality tax on each unit.

The artists and production companies also dont really care about time-delayed recording, they allow it. Its more the video "whores" who record everything and never pay a cent.

Comment

Originally posted by BillaBongUSA
                  He said not... There's a "not" in there.
                  It sounded sarcastic.

Comment

It sounded sarcastic.
                    sounded?????????????????

Comment

Yeah, I use a screen reader, it just sounded sarcastic when going over that post.

Comment

Yeah, I use a screen reader, it just sounded sarcastic when going over that post.

LMMFAO good answer i'm rollin hahhahahahahahaahhahahahaahahah

Comment

Originally posted by spiritUNIT004
                          Yeah... YEAH.. Bah.., whatever man, big deal if u tracked people, the thing is that theres about 3 million people in kazaa downloading 24/7 and RIAA is no match.
                          Uh,.. so. All they need is to sue a few hundred ( like they are doing ) and hope that'll scare the other "users" to stop what they are doing. It only takes a handful to take on the entire user base.

Its like a building; take away enough cornerstones ( the biggest downloaders/sharers ) and the entire thing comes tumbling down.

I've looked over everything you've posted and rightly have come to the conclusion that you are nothing more than a troll. ALL your posts have only been to RIAA threads.
                          There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Comment

Originally posted by WizyWyg
                            I've looked over everything you've posted and rightly have come to the conclusion that you are nothing more than a troll. ALL your posts have only been to RIAA threads.
                            With apologies to Keith Hamilton Cobb:

"When the universe collapses and dies, there will be three survivors: Tyr Anasazi, the cockroaches, and trolls, trying to annoy the cockroaches."
                            Sig? What sig?

Comment

Uh,.. so. All they need is to sue a few hundred ( like they are doing ) and hope that'll scare the other "users" to stop what they are doing. It only takes a handful to take on the entire user base.

Its like a building; take away enough cornerstones ( the biggest downloaders/sharers ) and the entire thing comes tumbling down.

If you see, thats why kazaa made the thing called "My Participation". That will make lot of people share. So even if they take down the "biggest" sharers it won'tmatter. Others will start sharing too.

I also haven't seen so much people scared, I got on kazaa today and its at 4 million users already, I downloaded some movies and it was faster than ever. The point is that the RIAA is no match. If they're, prove it.

Also, wtf you calling me a troll, well whatever that is. I joined here to tell about the stupid stuff RIAA is doing, and it seem you got a problem with me or something. You've proved iwas wrong in some stuff but not proved it that the RIAA is doing much.

If you're saying the RIAA is gonna scare people away, what do you know? are you Ms. Cleo or something to tell the future? One thing is being ovious, the RIAA is no match.

If you want to act smart, go act smart at school or where ever you study, I don't care if you know about computers -_-

Comment

Uh...It's a bit tough to take on the entire world. Especially when US laws mean nothing in other countries.

..."only takes a handful.." - Tell that to the millions of other users that are doing this every day.

Nice try though.
                                Webmaster / Administrator
                                www.MegaGames.com
                                www.MGForums.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X