RIAA Sues Twelve year old girl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spiritUNIT004
    Just get the new kazaa with privacy and you wont get cought.
    Uh, all they need is the IP you are downloading from, the access times and then bully your ISP into finding out who you are and they could get all the information about you. Kazaa has nothing to do with anything cept for providing the means to distribute illegal copied songs.

And kazaa with privacy? That is an oxymoron since Kazaa itself has a bunch-o spyware plugged into that software.
    There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Comment

Originally posted by WizyWyg
      Uh, all they need is the IP you are downloading from, the access times and then bully your ISP into finding out who you are and they could get all the information about you. Kazaa has nothing to do with anything cept for providing the means to distribute illegal copied songs.

And kazaa with privacy? That is an oxymoron since Kazaa itself has a bunch-o spyware plugged into that software.
      Not kazaa lite k++

http://k-lite.tk

Comment

I think downloading music would help push me into buying a CD, I'm not going to go and buy a CD when I haven't listened to the song before, nor will I buy a CD when I only like one song I've heard on the radio.

I think its the people who download the whole CD that start to ruin it for everyone else.

Comment

Not kazaa lite k++
          and I repeat:

ANY trading p2p software WILL not hide where you are coming from.
          There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Comment

and I repeat:

ANY trading p2p software WILL not hide where you are coming from.
            do you even know what a fake proxy is?

Comment

do you even know what a fake proxy is?
              yes and there are ways to find out even through them.

dont start with the network, ip masking, proxy server, relay high-jacking
              crap with me. I've tracked spammers who tried to hide where they were coming from and have yet to face a challenge from any one of them. And I highly doubt a script-kiddies would even know where to begin. the average user on Kazaa barely understands that to begin with.

Comment

yeah so they use a proxy?

The RIAA just bully the owner of the proxy in to giving them the IP.
                Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Scott MacVicar
                  I agree completely with what the RIAA are doing, if your willing to download someone elses product and use it then they deserve the money that they are charging for it.

Its the same with any sort of software, be it a Microsoft product or even a copy of vBulletin. Why should they get it for free?

Register story was updated last night they settled for $2000 for the 12 year old.

Consider using apples new service called iTunes completely legal and you still get your mp3's.
                  http://www.apple.com/music/store/

Just my opnion.
                  I completley agree. I thought I would be flamed by the people who believe in in stealing so I didn't mention it. ^_^;;

Cagez, they have the first 20 seconds of almost every song on the internet, you can listen to that.

Comment

yes and there are ways to find out even through them.

dont start with the network, ip masking, proxy server, relay high-jacking
                    crap with me. I've tracked spammers who tried to hide where they were coming from and have yet to face a challenge from any one of them. And I highly doubt a script-kiddies would even know where to begin. the average user on Kazaa barely understands that to begin with.

Yeah... YEAH.. Bah.., whatever man, big deal if u tracked people, the thing is that theres about 3 million people in kazaa downloading 24/7 and RIAA is no match.

Comment

yeah so they use a proxy?

The RIAA just bully the owner of the proxy in to giving them the IP.
                      Exactly.

Comment

and to take it one step further the only way you can be annonymous is to.

Obtain someone elses internet account without them knowing and then start connecting through multiple proxies.

Basically just beware if your going to upload music. The way the RIAA are going you will get caught in the end.
                        Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MUG
                          There should be a Windows version by the end of the year, according to Apple.
                          There already is. It is called pressplay. Microsoft partnered with it.

i still listen to stuff from last year, even stuff from the 80's.

Just because it has a short life time for some people doesn't justify stealing it. Even if you get tired of using a mp3 most people dont delete it and continue to distribute it via p2p and other forms.

Well it wasn't directed at you, i was replying at the same time as you to the same person.
                          I am buying all of the Pokemon CDs I don't have since I love to listen to it. Even the CDs from 2000. I wish they would produce more CDs but since the rights to movie making and soundtracks were given to Miramax (worst movie company on the planet), there haven't been any. -_-

Comment

Originally posted by UHN_ED
                            It is.
                            It's not!!!!!

Matter-of-factly if you record a song on the radio you can use it for all the personal use you want. It's when you start selling it that it becomes illegal.

Comment

Originally posted by 21productionz
                              It's not!!!!!

Matter-of-factly if you record a song on the radio you can use it for all the personal use you want. It's when you start selling it that it becomes illegal.
                              Mabye before the DMCA you would be correct (I am assuming we are both talking about inside the USA since this is primarily a topic about the RIAA) too bad the DMCA says no.

Comment

Could the Little Girl have mental Anguish from this ?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X