RIAA Sues Twelve year old girl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cagez
    Why isn't it illegal to record music off the radio?
    See, this guy has a good comment.

All those that agree to the RIAA dunno what they're talking about

Comment

Originally posted by spiritUNIT004
      All those that agree to the RIAA dunno what they're talking about
      Now that is nieve. It is their opinion which they are entitled to.

Comment

Originally posted by Radon3k
        Now that is nieve. It is their opinion which they are entitled to.
        But their opinion has no value.

Comment

Who are you to judge that? You have no right to state whether or not their opinion has any value. It's an opinion for a reason.

Comment

that is nieve because your saying that the whole oposing arguement is wrong.

Microsoft sue people for distributing pirated copies of windows, should we start a petition regarding that?
            Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Who are you to judge that? You have no right to state whether or not their opinion has any value. It's an opinion for a reason.
              yeah what ever you say. and who are you to judge with my opinion?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott MacVicar
                that is nieve because your saying that the whole oposing arguement is wrong.

Microsoft sue people for distributing pirated copies of windows, should we start a petition regarding that?
                Is not the same thing. Microsoft products accutally you use them for a long period of time. A CD you get tired of it in less than a month.

And yeah, I bought windows xp, it was $80 couse it was on sale, I still use it and it was worth it on buying it couse I love it.

But CD's are not worth it even if you want to make them look like it

Comment

yeah what ever you say. and who are you to judge with my opinion?
                  I'm not judging your opinion of the RIAA and it's actions.

Scott, who was that nieve comment directed towards?

Comment

i still listen to stuff from last year, even stuff from the 80's.

Just because it has a short life time for some people doesn't justify stealing it. Even if you get tired of using a mp3 most people dont delete it and continue to distribute it via p2p and other forms.

Well it wasn't directed at you, i was replying at the same time as you to the same person.
                    Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

I'm not judging your opinion of the RIAA and it's actions.

Scott, who was that nieve comment directed towards?
                      Me. Who else?

Comment

i still listen to stuff from last year, even stuff from the 80's.

Just because it has a short life time for some people doesn't justify stealing it. Even if you get tired of using a mp3 most people dont delete it and continue to distribute it via p2p and other forms.

Well it wasn't directed at you, i was replying at the same time as you to the same person.
                        But out of 100%, I bet about 10% agrees and 90% don't. They're just money hungry.

Comment

the only opinion that counts is RIAA and any company that wants to protect their intellectual copyrights.

I for sure do not agree with RIAA's position on suing to cease downloading music; with all they are doing, they are only going to encourage it more. Why anger your consumers? So they kill p2p programs and servers; it'll only drive the downloaders to IRC and other means ( more practical means like copying the one cd that a friend bought for 100 others who would like a 1 or 2 songs from it) . And the biggest gripe against record labels/companies/whatever is : Why would I want to pay $13 for a cd that has only 1 or 2 good songs on it (So $6 per song???)

Or i could go on line to a music service like iTunes and download a good song for $1 ?

They are basing their bizness model on outdated policies and ideas. There is no way that they are going to survive by "tangible" goods as that has been demonstrated by Software companies over the last decade. Why have software cmpanies embraced the idea of non-tangible offerings but not the RIAA? I've haven't bought a software from a store in nearly 2 years ( all downloadable content from the companies own websites )

They are dinosaurs and the only way they can get their money now is to sue people.

I used to work at a music store, and I bought 10-20 cd's a week. Why? Cause i got a good discount on them. I would have never bought them at the price offered to consumers. Before working there, I probably bought 5 cd's a YEAR. Now that I dont work there, I've bought 10 cd's in 5 years.

iTunes and similar services will show that RIAA is full of it, and they can take their dinosaur thinking and shove it where the sun dont shine.

Till then, I get my fill of music from internet radio sites, legal download sites, and hell, the RADIO.
                          There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Comment

Yes the prices are too high and yes downloading it just now might be the solution. But whats going to happen in the future? More and more people will download it and eventually only a small percentage will buy it and eventually it won't be profitiable enough to produce music and you'll see a drop in the number of artists.

I think that everyone will agree that what they are doing at the moment is harsh but no one is paying any attention to their previous warnings.
                            Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Yes the prices are too high and yes downloading it just now might be the solution. But whats going to happen in the future? More and more people will download it and eventually only a small percentage will buy it and eventually it won't be profitiable enough to produce music and you'll see a drop in the number of artists.

I think that everyone will agree that what they are doing at the moment is harsh but no one is paying any attention to their previous warnings.
                              Considering that tis the records companies who make the money on CD's and not the artists, I could care less. Go back to the times when Artists could get their talents shown without someone taking all the earnings of their hard work.

And download sites can MAKE them money. They haven't spent the time to see how it can benefit. Which is why RIAA should stop before they get so involved that they are blinded by the sheer fact that they will END up with NOTHING after all of this.

They should have waited to see services like iTunes could make money for them.
                              There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Comment

But I don't think is our problem. They should be the ones worrying about that. They're worrying about it sueing people? No one seems scared of getting sued. Just get the new kazaa with privacy and you wont get cought.

If p2p hasn't killed the RIAA yet, it won't in the future. I remember the napster thing, what happened when they got shut down? Kazaa, Morphueos, and whatever else came and people now use them. They shut down all those p2p progs now, they will make more.
                                Last edited by spiritUNIT004; Wed 10th Sep '03, 4:50pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X