Discreminatory ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discreminatory ?

You think my New Domain and site title are too Discreminatory of other races ?

It's mostly a site for Spanish speakers and latinos (some portuguese Things)
    but it's open to people of all races, you thinkit gives a bad example ?

the domain is www.latinosonly.com and the forum domain is www.lsforum.com

Domains not prop. yet.

Originally posted by f-a_org
    You think my New Domain and site title are too Discreminatory of other races ?

It's mostly a site for Spanish speakers and latinos (some portuguese Things)
    but it's open to people of all races, you thinkit gives a bad example ?

the domain is www.latinosonly.com and the forum domain is www.lsforum.com

Domains not prop. yet.

www.latinosonly.com... It doesn't really sound discriminatory, but it would scare me away. It sounds a little too blunt IMO.
    Webmaster / Administrator
    www.MegaGames.com
    www.MGForums.com

Comment

Yeah, that definately sounds discriminatory...
      http://www.arsegaming.com/dice/index.php/stuff.jpg

Comment

Well, it does sound like it would be a little unfriendly to non latinos. Like a special club or something. I wouldn't expect a whole lot of non latinos to join up with a name like that.

Be kind of like www.caucasiansonly.com heh Don't really see too many of those kinds of sites, and I wouldn't likely join on even if I did fit the category.
        V1 Bad Bunny Emoticons > (For Dark BGs)
        Squarehead V1 Emoticons -
        Let Users select postbit style!

Comment

I agree. If it were www.noblacks.com we were talking about there would be uproar. I think if you just tailor your site for Spanish speakers and Latinos then your visitors are mostly going to be Spanish speakers and Latinos anyway.

Comment

BlackPlanet.com has over 8 million users. there are also one's by the same company that cater to Asians and Latinos too... both over 3 million mebers each... All the above seem a bit discriminatory.. but they are getting numbers and heck it's your lisc afterall so the way you decide to use it is up to you... You could always use that domain and then also have a less radical name for sort of a search engine back door....

Comment

Ah, good point - reverse discrimination seems to be perfectly OK these days. Incidentally I've just applied for a job. Half of the space taken up by the advert was filled with waffle about targetting applications from ethnic minorities in particular. I think my chances of getting it will probably double if I paint my skin black. In an ideal world, the best candidate would get the job irrespective of race etc. I'm all for equality, but this isn't it.

Comment

I'll join and that is word to your momz.

Comment

Originally posted by TheForumHost.com
                  BlackPlanet.com has over 8 million users.....
                  I haven't looked...is there a "whiteplanet.com"?

Seems that if there was it would cause an uproar too.

Seems weird that some "discrimination" is pegged as bad and others as okay.

I'm all for equality too...but not when you start to plug in other ethnicities...it shows how goofy its all become.
                  Fan Club member for VBulletin Dev and Support Team ;)

Hysterectomy - GirlsGetGoing.com - Fabulous Fifty

I'm frequently asked about the skin designer for my forums. ForumSkin.com

Comment

Originally posted by Kathy
                    I haven't looked...is there a "whiteplanet.com"?

Seems that if there was it would cause an uproar too.

Seems weird that some "discrimination" is pegged as bad and others as okay.

I'm all for equality too...but not when you start to plug in other ethnicities...it shows how goofy its all become.
                    It would be crackaplanet

what up blood

what up cuz

what up cracka

If I offeneded you you have serious issues.

Comment

Perhaps "latinsonly.com" would be less blatant...
                      Chen Avinadav
                      Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

Originally posted by 21productionz
                        It would be crackaplanet

what up blood

what up cuz

what up cracka

If I offeneded you you have serious issues.
                        I've read a few of your posts and they don't offend me in the least, but do confuse me a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Stryker
                          I've read a few of your posts and they don't offend me in the least, but do confuse me a lot.
                          I'm a wierd person I will admit, sometimes I confuse myself. I'm in the Army and I have been pulling a lot of 24 hour duties while the rest of my unit is in the field so a lot of my posts are coming tired"er" than most. Glad you noticed me though ty

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X