X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Gronlund
    replied
    Originally posted by ShiningArcanine
    Signing up when they ask for Beta Testers. I had a chance to Beta test Directx 9.0 but I decided not to.
    Not exactly that easy anymore, to test internally MS prefer's 3+ yr experienced MCSE's or CCIE;s

Testing DX is a good start though for younger people, need to slower work your way up and start somewhere. Feedback and accurate beta bug feedback are the most important, not always the number of bugs, but the quality of the bug report so it can be resolved properly, of course reporting one bug isnt gonna cut it either lol.

I got scott and freddie or kier (i forget which i get them two mixed up so much) into Microsoft betaplace there currently in MS windows update beta version 4 and will also join version 5, they will likely be invited to test longhorn.
    I plan on nominating them to test it,, i will be very busy but still plan on testing longhorn also....

Leave a comment:

• ShiningArcanine
    replied
    Signing up when they ask for Beta Testers. I had a chance to Beta test Directx 9.0 but I decided not to.

Leave a comment:

• kevinj
    replied
    I would love to beta test MS products, what does it take to beta test these products?

Leave a comment:

• ShiningArcanine
    replied
    Originally posted by Radon3k
    Are you sure about that? I thought Blackcomb was going to be the server version of Longhorn...
    No. They are two seperate kernal versions (with blackcomb being superior). Longhorn was meant to be a desktop/server release with blackcomb as the following desktop/server release. Then they dropped Longhorn server. No word on what has become of Blackcomb desktop yet. I just know that they pushed the next generation technology set for blackcomb desktop into Longhorn. Probably to compete with linux.

Leave a comment:

• Ksilebo
    replied
    Heres all of MS's Codenames. Interesting.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Lacrosse Boy
    replied
    Originally posted by Asendin
    Yes it's in Whistler BC, where most of the MS devs go snowboarding.

not many actually ski..
    Skiing is better. I just thought I'd add that, as I'm a skier.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Gronlund
    replied
    Originally posted by Radon3k
    Are you sure about that? I thought Blackcomb was going to be the server version of Longhorn...
    It is.. but you wont see that till likely 2006

Leave a comment:

• Radon3k
    replied
    Originally posted by ShiningArcanine
    Anyway, the version of windows that will suceed it is code named blackcomb.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Gronlund
    replied
    Originally posted by Scott MacVicar
    canadian mountains where the MS staff do team building exercies as far as i'm aware.

Longhorn is the bar at the bottom of Whistler
    Yes it's in Whistler BC, where most of the MS devs go snowboarding.

not many actually ski..

Leave a comment:

• Joe
    replied
    Cow dung.

Leave a comment:

• BillaBongUSA
    replied
    Originally posted by tgillespie
    I am confident that I won't be upgrading now Texas stinks.
    Why's that?

Leave a comment:

• Vile
    replied
    Originally posted by okrogius
    That is correct. Whistler and Blackcomb are named after mountains somewhere in eastern part of canada (not sure on location)
    Yeah, a friend of mine who works at MS says their code names are names of actual places.

Leave a comment:

• tgillespie
    replied
    I am confident that I won't be upgrading now Texas stinks.

Leave a comment:

• Scott MacVicar
    replied
    canadian mountains where the MS staff do team building exercies as far as i'm aware.

Longhorn is the bar at the bottom of Whistler

Leave a comment:

• okrogius
    replied
    That is correct. Whistler and Blackcomb are named after mountains somewhere in eastern part of canada (not sure on location)

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X