The feared Vb 2.0.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The feared Vb 2.0.....

Its funny how Vb 2.0 is promoted on other forums. Jelsoft don't even need to advertise: people do it.

Lets put in this thread all what you can catch on other boards talking about VB.

On scriptkeeper:

I know that you may want to deny it, but the support for vBulletin has gotten quite large, and v2 of their product looks quite impressive. Just take a look over at the forums on their site and you'll see what I mean. It seems like nearly every day some website I frequent is switching their forum system over to vBulletin for one reason or another, and now the primary reason will probably be cost.
    Imagine for a moment that vBulletin gets ported to support other databases besides the default MySQL... Oracle, Sybase, MS SQL, Postgress... When that happens what mid/large-sized company would still stick around for a ubb running on flat files? There goes your $4000 annual fees... And it ain't that far away either Infopop.

I don't think this is a very good idea. We don't want to promote people spamming other's boards - it would give vBulletin a very bad reputation. Let vBulletin speak for itself.

-jim

Comment

Jim you make a point but the people i'm quoting are not Vbers. They are strong Ubbers very disapointed by 6.0.

I should add that the quote here should of course NOTE be lame spam but people using other boards dissatisfied with their product.

Anyway, maybe this thread was not a good idea but I couldn't resist to post those quotes. In fact, after a hard day of work, I really enjoy going to UBB forum and see the new complaints of the day, congratuling myself I made the move to Vb after the first UBB price acne.

Comment

It is not a good idea to post these indeed, but I know how hard it is to restrain yourself!
        We're Here Forums!
        [email protected]

Comment

Ok ok, I won't do it anymore
          You can even close this thread now ! Got my fun dose.

Comment

If people like vBulletin - then they do. So be it.
            If people like UBB - then they do. So be it.
            If people like pizza - then they do. So be it.

You can't control what people like or dislike, and if people want to advertise how good they think vBulletin 2.0 is, let em.

Comment

I agree that spamming other's boards with ads for vB is not to be encouraged, but on the other hand, look at what Infopop has done to lots of their customers and former customers. In light of this, they get ABSOLUTELY ZERO sympathy from me. In fact, I laugh when I see their boards become a Hitler look-alike board with massive censoring and ridiculous propaganda (you know, stuff like... mysql sucks and flat files are "cool").
              Well, there it is.
              - Keeper of the Grove

Comment

well, the feared 2.0 is running like a charm on my board

I've consistently had over 300 users today and it's not slowing down at all.

Here is my TOP with 90 members and 251 guests on the boards.

11:57pm up 22:11, 1 user, load average: 0.16, 0.34, 0.35
                154 processes: 150 sleeping, 2 running, 1 zombie, 1 stopped
                CPU states: 6.8% user, 1.6% system, 0.0% nice, 10.8% idle
                Mem: 517120K av, 444676K used, 72444K free, 267116K shrd, 71156K buff
                Swap: 104380K av, 7392K used, 96988K free 215284K cached
                Webmaster:
                @forumz

Comment

I've consistently had over 300 users today and it's not slowing down at all.

Here is my TOP with 90 members and 251 guests on the boards.
                  Umm... those numbers were kinda inflated. We were playing around with something and it's side effect was creating a lot of guest sessions. You probably had about 100 - 130 REAL people on though.

Comment

you still playing around?

I'm over 400 right now. I sent out a mass email to everyone who hadn't been in a while, so I *am* getting increased traffic. I thought that was kinda, high, though. I didn't expect that many ex users to resond and return
                    Webmaster:
                    @forumz

Comment

whoa!

you created a lot of extra sessions!

There are currently 21 member(s) and 5 guest(s) on the boards.
                      Webmaster:
                      @forumz

Comment

That's because freddie just emptied the session table

Comment

ah

mind if I ask why you're experimenting on my board? not that I mind, but I don't want my users screaming if they have to log back in. The numbers are climbing again
                          Webmaster:
                          @forumz

Comment

My personal opinion:
                            I know it's bad to spam boards with advertisements on vB... though on most any board I actively visit, I try to shine the light known as vB on the members. ;-)

Comment

<not going to discuss anymore in *this* forum>

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X