My sound is gone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My sound is gone

I reformatted my computer and put Windows XP Pro back on there (I was using Windows Server 2003) and now the sound doesn't work. When I try to install the drivers for the card (It's an Audigy Gamer) I'm prompted with an error that says that the computer cannot find the hardware. I've switched PCI slots as well and it still isn't working. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Sure the drivers or card is XP compatable? I most likely should be since it worked with Server 2003. I would contact the manufacture of the card.
    Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

Yes the drivers will work for XP, like you said, they worked on Windows Server 2003. This is annoying. I want my sound.

Comment

I know I had problems with WinXP and a Vortec soundcard one time. The problem actualy resolved to be that my volume meter was down on my AC-97 control. Check all volume settings too, on all devices.
        Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

Is the audio device detected at all??
          MCSE, MVP, CCIE
          Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

Originally posted by Asendin
            Is the audio device detected at all??
            No. I don't know what's going on.

Comment

I know you have already switched PCI slots, but are you sure the soundcard is firmly seated? ... in Device Manager, do you see any yellow question marks or "Other Devices"? If you do, delete them and restart the machine and see if it detects it...

If you have a spare computer lying around, try installing the sound card there and see if that system detects it ... if it can't, then it may be a problem with your soundcard...
              OPEN TECH SUPPORT
              "Tech is our middle name!"

Comment

Well I managed to get it half way working. I went into device manager and played around, rebooted, played around and manually installed the drivers via device manager and it's working for the most part now. Thanks for the help.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X