Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This thread started as an observation about today's society followed by genuine concern over how bad it has become. What happened?

Comment

Originally posted by Jakeman
      This thread started as an observation about today's society followed by genuine concern over how bad it has become. What happened?
      The same thing that happened to America I guess.
      Sig? What sig?

Comment

Originally posted by Jakeman
        Fear is what compels me not to help my fellow man. People suck now. I only watch out for myself.

Thats only because to many people think that way. If people would just try a bit harder.... I don't know maybe things wouldnt have to be this way. I don't know I am to optomistic for my own good sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmattyh
          Okay, you're obviously reacting to something that somebody did that pissed you off. So here's a little perspective.

Thats about as far from the truth as you could get. I was actualy thinking about how nice it is to have a circle of friends including the people that I do, because of the sad state that most people are in these days.

Also, did I not say that I wouldnt live in any other place that of course is because I know that I have it much better here than I could in many other places.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaotic Reality
            That's the most ignorant sentence in the whole thread. The things you mention go on in every single place in the world, not just here.

Ever heard of charity? Wait, you haven't; typical american's don't help anyone out anymore, after all.

J.
            I said typical not all, and also I know very well that these things happen other places as well as much worse, but America claims to be wonderful, and truthfuly I just don't see it. You can think what you will thouhg. I am not trying to change your mind I mearly stated the facts how I see them.

Comment

Also, I am a woman. For some reason it has been asumed that I am a man. I thought that I would clear that up.

Comment

Originally posted by Im all to human
                I said typical not all, and also I know very well that these things happen other places as well as much worse, but America claims to be wonderful, and truthfuly I just don't see it. You can think what you will thouhg. I am not trying to change your mind I mearly stated the facts how I see them.

"how you see them..." being the key words, considering this is so far from the truth.

Anyone can spit out bogus rants but unless facts & stats are acutally provided to back them up, they mean nothing.
                Webmaster / Administrator
                www.MegaGames.com
                www.MGForums.com

Comment

Originally posted by Im all to human
                  Facts? What facts? You mean you're stating your opinion, yes. I don't see anyone claiming America is wonderful, maybe the government, or media, the same people that throw words like patriotism and heroism around like candy; it's lost all meaning.

J.

Comment

Originally posted by Alcar
                    It seems the pro-American's are the only members getting aggressive here. This is exactly like every other debate. For instance, how about the long going debate seen on every single forum about religions? In the end it's always the same - no one comes out the victor. But it's always the pro-Christian/American/BushSupporter/etc that continues to string the argument on and on, while getting aggressive.

Getting aggressive doesn't help any. It also only proves weakness on their behalf - unable to talk passively. It's also the same in regards with facts. You blindly disregard facts because they don't agree with your opinions, because you're arrogant.

Personally, I'd like to see Bush burn with America. But I have friends in America that prove to me everyday that not every American is stuck-up. It's the people with power as well as ignorance that tarnish what is good.

Alcar...
                    I'm not pro-american, I'm pro-sick-of-everyone-dogging-on-america-for-stupid-reasons-and-not-backing-it-up.

First off, a debate has no winner; EVER. The best debaters are those who can collect ideas and state them with the ability of backing them up with "factual" information. Debates are for people who want to attempt to wow everyone by how much they read cnn.com, or attempt to sound intellectual, when no one really gives a crap because it's all a waste of time. Debate is just a term for arguing over who has the bigger ego. No one is ever right because there is no right answer to politics/religion, or whatever else.

However, I cannot STAND to hear the disrespect this country gets. If it wasn't for America then most countries wouldn't even exist. The only reason North Korea hasn't blown South Korea off the map is because of the US. No, we aren't a perfect country, but no one else will step up to the plate and take our role over, either.

J.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaotic Reality
                      I'm not pro-american, I'm pro-sick-of-everyone-dogging-on-america-for-stupid-reasons-and-not-backing-it-up.

First off, a debate has no winner; EVER. The best debaters are those who can collect ideas and state them with the ability of backing them up with "factual" information. Debates are for people who want to attempt to wow everyone by how much they read cnn.com, or attempt to sound intellectual, when no one really gives a crap because it's all a waste of time. Debate is just a term for arguing over who has the bigger ego. No one is ever right because there is no right answer to politics/religion, or whatever else.

However, I cannot STAND to hear the disrespect this country gets. If it wasn't for America then most countries wouldn't even exist. The only reason North Korea hasn't blown South Korea off the map is because of the US. No, we aren't a perfect country, but no one else will step up to the plate and take our role over, either.

J.
                      Right on the spot, but be careful. The n00bs here may think that's the "typical yank" attitude.
                      www.MegaGames.com
                      www.MGForums.com

Comment

Could it be that our resolution on the problems of today increase with our age and the problems were already there from ages ago? If you look through our history you will see the same things you see today.

When you are younger your perception of the world is different along with your memories. So it may seem as if the USA or the world in general is degenerating before your eyes but in reality nothing has really changed but your perception and the resolution.
                        Last edited by Dolby; Sat 6 Sep '03, 10:28pm.
                        eqinterface.com | eq2interface.com | wowinterface.com
                        vginterface.com | goBerserker.com
                        7 Full vBulletin Lic.

Comment

I'd just like to point something out too.

Every country has its share of pricks. Yeah, even all the countries in Europe, and even Australia. And maybe I'm biased, being from Texas, where the people are generally happy and friendly, but Americans on the whole are helpful, happy, friendly people. We smile a hell of a lot; we don't look down when you're walking down the street and avoid eye contact. No, obviously, not everyone, but on the whole, we're an open, friendly, honest people.

I've also found that the people who bash on America either a) are generally unhappy and love the scapegoat they've created or b) have never been here so obviously don't know what they're talking about. (Incidentally, I think it's hilarious that so many non-US people accuse Americans of being ignorant of other cultures when the vast majority of them get 100% of their contact with America from the TV. Dur.)
                          iComix :: web comics

Report Post | IP: Logged

Comment

Originally posted by bigmattyh
                            I'd just like to point something out too.

Every country has its share of pricks.
                            Exactly. That and other problems in general exist everywhere. That's what I've been saying from the begining, but these people fail to read, or just look for other excuses.
                            www.MegaGames.com
                            www.MGForums.com

Comment

Yes, every country has their share of pricks. Obviously Australia has Prime Minister John Howard

When I speak of loathing American's, I'm targeting the Government. The Government is detrimental to the whole of the US, afterall, it is who represents you.

Haha, North Korea can have Nuclear Weapons for all I care. It's not up to the US to determine who can't have them. The US is a bully, and it breeds bullies.

Alcar...
                              http://www.oddworldforums.net

Comment

I was talking about the majority of the American public AS I SEE THEM. I have stated may times that this is only what I think. I never claimed that this was fact, and yet many people here are claiming it a fact that I said it was. Do not tell me that I am not correct, for that's not a valid statement. Who can say that how I see things os wrong for me. I never said it was fact, and thus you cannot say that I am throwing around things calling them facts and not supporting them. I NEVER CLAIMED THAT IT WAS FACT, and many of you make the mistake of saying that what you BELIEVE is FACT. That's not true I am sorry to say. I am not trying to make anyone see this my way as I already said. What I started this thread as isn't what it is now. I just stated something I felt, and I wanted to see what other people felt about it as well. I didn't want to debate I wanted to discus. Thanks. Sorry that so many of you took me the wrong way. I am very peaceful by nature, and didn't want to argue anything, but I wont say all that again.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X