X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tolitz
    two words to explain the American attitude:

superiority complex
    You need four words to accurately sum up the American attitude.

"Talk to the hand"

Though one is sometimes enough.

"eh?"
    Sig? What sig?

Comment

Originally posted by Tolitz
      two words to explain the American attitude:

superiority complex
      A name is enough:

Michael Moore
      Sorry for my English
      Let'z talk German

Comment

Did I mention that one time that I saw a walrus?
        http://www.arsegaming.com/dice/index.php/stuff.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by BillaBongUSA
          Did I mention that one time that I saw a walrus?
          Thought it was a sea lion.
          Fan Club member for VBulletin Dev and Support Team ;)

Hysterectomy - GirlsGetGoing.com - Fabulous Fifty

I'm frequently asked about the skin designer for my forums. ForumSkin.com

Comment

Yeah well we are so can you blaim us?

JK!

But we do kinda pwnzer Europe anyway.

Comment

*shrug* hey, I live in the US too ... I love it to death (albeit more than than now) ... you just gotta recognize a country's faults in order to appreciate its good side ...
              OPEN TECH SUPPORT
              "Tech is our middle name!"

Comment

The thing i find the funniest about this thread, is the way your being so rude your making yourselves look worse than the topic at hand.

I am not from the USA. I have mates their though...

Yes the American's have done some pretty silly stuff. But then again, As Vile said... Everyone does.

Comment

I, of course, wouldn't know, since I only lived in two countries in my lifetime ... and the other one is far worse than the US ...

Anyway, one of the best things about the US is it allows you to express yourself ... if it frowns on negative feedback, well ...
                  OPEN TECH SUPPORT
                  "Tech is our middle name!"

Comment

Originally posted by Im all to human
                    Don't get me wrong... I wouldn't want to live any other place.

I find myself so often wondering why it is that most of humanity, but especially American society is unable to advance forward from what I would call a barbaric stand point on the proper treatment of human beings.

Every day I see examples of callus disregard for ones fellow man. What happen to people helping one another out of the decency of ones heart? Is it not unreasonable to think that we are all responsible in some way for the downfall of proper treatment of our fellow Americans. None of us can honestly claim to be Innocent of doing some injustice on our fellow man.

Is there simply no time in this fast past society to care about others? It sickens me that the glob of senseless, self motivated, egotistical, jerks of the world are taking over. There is a lack of decency here that shouldn't have been allowed to develop in a society that clams to be so advanced.
                    Easy, money is the biggest problem.
                    Greed.

Comment

Some things never cease to amaze me. The constant US bashing is one of them.

Are there things that need to be fixed here. Sure there is, but show me a country that is perfect? anyone?

America as a country gives out more aid to other countries then anyone else in the world...bar none. I'm sure theres a way to throw some negative spin on that.

I'm sure certain things could have been handled better during the Iraq war, but I'm proud of my country and proud of my President.

The threat of US power is about the only thing that keeps petty dictators from steamrolling other countries left and right. Say what you want but the US uses its power in about as benevolent a way as possible. If we, as a country, were half as greedy as some people seem to think, the US would own a lot more surface area around the world then it does now.

I'm sure this may come off as arrogant to some and feel that it proves their point. I apologize if thats the way it sounds, I just get tired of seeing the "Bash America and Bush" bandwagon.

Proud to be an American!!

Comment

Clearly you've never been to the Netherlands.

Comment

Originally posted by Kriptic
                          Some things never cease to amaze me. The constant US bashing is one of them.

Are there things that need to be fixed here. Sure there is, but show me a country that is perfect? anyone?

America as a country gives out more aid to other countries then anyone else in the world...bar none. I'm sure theres a way to throw some negative spin on that.

I'm sure certain things could have been handled better during the Iraq war, but I'm proud of my country and proud of my President.

The threat of US power is about the only thing that keeps petty dictators from steamrolling other countries left and right. Say what you want but the US uses its power in about as benevolent a way as possible. If we, as a country, were half as greedy as some people seem to think, the US would own a lot more surface area around the world then it does now.

I'm sure this may come off as arrogant to some and feel that it proves their point. I apologize if thats the way it sounds, I just get tired of seeing the "Bash America and Bush" bandwagon.

Proud to be an American!!
                          My biggest gripe with the current USA is how it constantly defines itself as the protector of the "free world", and that it has the blessings of "god" in whatever it does.

For example, right after 9/11, bush said "You're either with us or against us.".
                          No, I don't side with the Terrorists, but where did my freedom to think what I want go? Where did my freedom to be neutral go?
                          The world isn't black on white, it's a ****load of gray.

And how about "God bless you all"?
                          Yeah, dropping bombs on people, causing civilians to be crippled for life.
                          How is that an act condoned by "God"?
                          (And yes, I'm well aware that there are casualties in war.. but in no way should it be considered a "good thing"(tm).. Your life is worth as much as the life of someone in Iraq.. if you don't agree with that, then I'll call you an arrogant, stuck-up idiot (but so far, I don't think you are :-P))

There's just too much stupid **** going on with the current USA administration and all the so called patriotism.

USA - Land of the Free?
                          Yeah, you're free to agree with your government. You're also free to get locked up without a trial if you do something that the government (aka. big companies) don't like.
                          You're free to vote, but it doesn't matter what you vote, because there's still cheating going on.

That said, it's the current USA that people don't like.
                          Not individual Americans.

I've met quite a few Americans, most of whom were actually quite nice; and some of my best friends online are from the states.

That said, I'm wearing my oven-safe mittens now, so flame on
                          My open eyes see everything, and you see nothing. . .
                          That forum

Comment

Ah-ha! A challenger for the Most Pointless Threads crown.

I can't wait to see tomorrow's topic...

Comment

My biggest gripe with the current USA is how it constantly defines itself as the protector of the "free world", and that it has the blessings of "god" in whatever it does.
                              I don't think we are the protectors of the "free world" and thats not neccessarily a role thats ours to fill. That being said, I do believe that the might of the US deters a lotta would be "might makes right" warmongers from running roughshod over weaker neighbors.

For example, right after 9/11, bush said "You're either with us or against us.".
                              No, I don't side with the Terrorists, but where did my freedom to think what I want go? Where did my freedom to be neutral go?
                              The world isn't black on white, it's a ****load of gray.
                              That was a very emotional time for us filled with a lot of anger. Bush just verbalized what much of the country felt at the time. I do believe that the anger has mellowed down some, and "Your either with us or against us." isn't completely accurate of general public opinion or governement policy at this time. I will disagree on one point. Where exactly is the neutral ground? Does that mean your neutral as far as the terrorists go? or do you mean how to deal with it?

And how about "God bless you all"?
                              Yeah, dropping bombs on people, causing civilians to be crippled for life.
                              How is that an act condoned by "God"?
                              (And yes, I'm well aware that there are casualties in war.. but in no way should it be considered a "good thing"(tm).. Your life is worth as much as the life of someone in Iraq.. if you don't agree with that, then I'll call you an arrogant, stuck-up idiot (but so far, I don't think you are :-P))
                              The loss of one innocent life is tragic no matter what the circumstances. However, sometimes its unavoidable. I respect ALL life on this planet, be it human, dog, caterpillar...whatever. I do believe, we took all steps possible to minimize civilian casualties. We didn't go in there and just carpet bomb Baghdad. We selected targets very carefully.

There's just too much stupid **** going on with the current USA administration and all the so called patriotism.
                              Theres always stupid stuff going on here (and every gov't in the world for that matter). You should have been around here during the previous administration. US politics can be quite the soap opera I agree.

USA - Land of the Free?
                              Yeah, you're free to agree with your government. You're also free to get locked up without a trial if you do something that the government (aka. big companies) don't like.
                              I'm not exactly sure what your referring to here.

You're free to vote, but it doesn't matter what you vote, because there's still cheating going on.
                              This was purely left political spin. If roles had been reversed, then republicans would have screamed foul while the democrats praised our system. There was no cheating going on, just sore losers pissed that they lost. Nothing new here.

Comment

I'm not exactly sure what your referring to here.
                                DMCA, Patriot Act
                                The "Land of the Free" isn't so Free any more :/

This was purely left political spin. If roles had been reversed, then republicans would have screamed foul while the democrats praised our system. There was no cheating going on, just sore losers pissed that they lost. Nothing new here.
                                http://yro.slashdot.org/yro/03/09/04...id=126&tid=172
                                My open eyes see everything, and you see nothing. . .
                                That forum

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X