This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happend to America?

Don't get me wrong... I wouldn't want to live any other place.

I find myself so often wondering why it is that most of humanity, but especially American society is unable to advance forward from what I would call a barbaric stand point on the proper treatment of human beings.

Every day I see examples of callus disregard for ones fellow man. What happen to people helping one another out of the decency of ones heart? Is it not unreasonable to think that we are all responsible in some way for the downfall of proper treatment of our fellow Americans. None of us can honestly claim to be Innocent of doing some injustice on our fellow man.

Is there simply no time in this fast past society to care about others? It sickens me that the glob of senseless, self motivated, egotistical, jerks of the world are taking over. There is a lack of decency here that shouldn't have been allowed to develop in a society that clams to be so advanced.

You are assuming that all Americans are the same. Not all of us rob convienence stores, vote for Bush, or watch TV 23 hours a day. Granted, I live in America and I do feel that our nation is pretty arrogant at times.
    --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
    Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
    vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

Same goes to the UK really, only it's more political disregard, than hands on personal abuse.

Comment

Originally posted by filburt1
        You are assuming that all Americans are the same. Not all of us rob convienence stores, vote for Bush, or watch TV 23 hours a day. Granted, I live in America and I do feel that our nation is pretty arrogant at times.

I am not assuming that. I am speaking of a majority, and not of a whole.
        Also, I was not speaking of things like that only... I meant that the typical American would not go out of there way to help someone any more.

Comment

no one here in the uk would either m8 i'll tell you mind there are some kind souls about still..............

Comment

Originally posted by Im all to human

I find myself so often wondering why it is that most of humanity, but especially American society is unable to advance forward from what I would call a barbaric stand point on the proper treatment of human beings.

Every day I see examples of callus disregard for ones fellow man. What happen to people helping one another out of the decency of ones heart? Is it not unreasonable to think that we are all responsible in some way for the downfall of proper treatment of our fellow Americans. None of us can honestly claim to be Innocent of doing some injustice on our fellow man.

Is there simply no time in this fast past society to care about others? It sickens me that the glob of senseless, self motivated, egotistical, jerks of the world are taking over. There is a lack of decency here that shouldn't have been allowed to develop in a society that clams to be so advanced.
            I can tell you that most people i know see Americans as fat, dumb, arrogant *******s who think everybody should be like them.

no offense though.
            :rolleyes: :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: :rolleyes:

Comment

Originally posted by marocnl
              I can tell you that most people i know see Americans as fat, dumb, arrogant *******s who think everybody should be like them.

no offense though.

None taken.

I am unlike most Americans. I only weight 100 lbs, I do not believe that I am arrogant or dumb thought that may simply be bacause I am. Also, I think that people should only be like themselves, but I dio believe that they should try to better themselves.

Comment

None taken.

I am unlike most Americans. I only weight 100 lbs, I do not believe that I am arrogant or dumb thought that may simply be bacause I am. Also, I think that people should only be like themselves, but I dio believe that they should try to better themselves.
                Well, i think the way the American government behaves is causing the image i just described.

Also, the fact that the media doesn't tolerate any criticism on the government makes people outside america believe Americans are so dumb that they believe their president without any questions whatsoever. In example with the war in Iraq. Everybody who had any criticism was made out to be an NON-patriottic American. It seemed to me like Americans really thought that the governement was doing this out of love for the Iraqi's. How dumb is that? It is, was and always will be about the American interest. In this case it was the OIL. Nothing more and nothing less drives the American government to act in this world. It's ALL about the great place called America. :thumb-down:

Comment

Did i just change the subject?

Comment

I personally believe that the war was not over oil, but a personal vendetta that his father was unable to settle, and so Bush was doing daddy's dirty work. Nothing more. I also never would vote for a man like that, and I think that he is doing an awful job, and most Americans are blind to the things that I have just said, and that I will admit. I still like it here, but I would change many things given the chance.

Comment

Yes, but thats fine by me. I rather like talking, and no matter what its about I'll be sure to have something to say.

Comment

if you're talking about good 'ole kindness you must live in the wrong town. Where I live people always stop to help those who are in need. We often decide to stop and take homeless people out to lunch. Some people are just *******s and are too busy to take notice. But how do you know that someone hasn't helped out the people you see, what exactly are you referring to?
                        My board: http://forums.psx-dude.net
                        Others: Find it Damn't!, Anime Site.

Comment

Filburt got it right on, but you also need to understand this happens all across the world, not just the big, mean USA...
                          Webmaster / Administrator
                          www.MegaGames.com
                          www.MGForums.com

Comment

two words to explain the American attitude:

superiority complex
                            OPEN TECH SUPPORT
                            "Tech is our middle name!"

Comment

Originally posted by Tolitz
                              two words to explain the American attitude:

superiority complex
                              SPS
                              My open eyes see everything, and you see nothing. . .
                              That forum

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X