Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help me make a habit of eating breakfast everyday!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me make a habit of eating breakfast everyday!

Last year I went a little downhill at school because I *never* had breakfast (i've never had breakfast regularly in my life) and I know it's because I don't have any breakfast. I need to make the habit, I mean sure i've got the will power right now, that I want to, but what about every morning? This is the problem with me, say I want to do something sometime, when it comes to the time of doing it I may well get very lazy, I'm extremely lazy and I hate it, I need to kick the laziness. Does anyone have any advice of how I can make a solid habit of having breakfast everyday? I want it to be EXTREMELY strict, so that I can't live for a minute without having breakfast everyday, either I hire an army officer to make me eat breakfast every morning at 6am or I get advice from the vb.com community .

So please advise me, what sould I do to make this habit? It's easier said than done to say "just eat breakfast every morning", because I've tried that but every morning I get lazy and don't do it. I mean I don't get hungry in the mornings (which is a little odd) but I want to eat breakfast nonetheless.

I appreciate any good advice

Stop with the IRC
    Goto bed on time
    Sleep regular hours
    And you will have time and pleassure in having breakfast every morning.

Comment

Originally posted by xiphoid
      Stop with the IRC
      Goto bed on time
      Sleep regular hours
      And you will have time and pleassure in having breakfast every morning.
      What would you classify as on time and regular hours? On school days I normally sleep at midnight and wake up at 7am (7 hrs sleep) but should I be getting more? Should I sleep at 11pm?

Comment

Originally posted by N9ne
        What would you classify as on time and regular hours? On school days I normally sleep at midnight and wake up at 7am (7 hrs sleep) but should I be getting more? Should I sleep at 11pm?
        I think on average, the amount of hours of sleep needed for an teenager/young adult is around 8hrs. Years ago, my mother used to tell me, an hour before midnight is worth two after

anyway, I'm very much i like you. I rarely eat breakfast. Most of the time it seems like an inconvinience to eat breakfast as it takes too much time before work. I do find that though, if i don't get enough sleep thus getting out of bed later not leaving enough time for breakfast. In my case, if i goto bed earlier, i'll get up earlier and have breakfast. Maybe that is the case? Try it!
        Computer Networking Forums
        www.unlocked-networks.com

Comment

Originally posted by kevinj
          I think on average, the amount of hours of sleep needed for an teenager/young adult is around 8hrs. Years ago, my mother used to tell me, an hour before midnight is worth two after

anyway, I'm very much i like you. I rarely eat breakfast. Most of the time it seems like an inconvinience to eat breakfast as it takes too much time before work. I do find that though, if i don't get enough sleep thus getting out of bed later not leaving enough time for breakfast. In my case, if i goto bed earlier, i'll get up earlier and have breakfast. Maybe that is the case? Try it!
          Ok I'ma try all that .

I'll go to sleep at 10:30 or 11pm and wake up at 6:45amd forcefeed myself. Hopefully it helps, maybe I just need to get into a routine of it and it should be easier then.

Comment

or do what I sometimes do, go down to mcdonalds for your breakfast.

Comment

Originally posted by poolking
              or do what I sometimes do, go down to mcdonalds for your breakfast.
              Hehe, i don't have the money, time or a car or a nearby McDonalds to do that

Comment

What's the big problem with eating breakfast? I confess I quite often don't eat anything, but always have something to drink, coffee or orange juice or something *always*, need something to drink when I wake up!

But if I do eat something it's only a couple of pieces of toast - doesn't take a lot of effort to make
                http://www.platinum-central.com
                http://www.netforge.com.au

Comment

First thing I have in the morning is a cup of coffee or tea if i want something sweet. Then i'll have a bit of toast or a cereal bar.
                  Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Gavin.
                    What's the big problem with eating breakfast? I confess I quite often don't eat anything, but always have something to drink, coffee or orange juice or something *always*, need something to drink when I wake up!

But if I do eat something it's only a couple of pieces of toast - doesn't take a lot of effort to make
                    The problem is clearly outlined in my first post . I've just never had the habit of eating it and it feels odd when I do eat it as i'm not used to it and i'm also severely lazy.

Comment

Get Scott or Kier to ban you from vB.com if you dont eat breakfast

Simple.

Comment

I have exactly this problem of not eating breakfast. I know its not healthy but I just don't enjoy eating at that time of the morning. I used to eat pop tarts a lot but i got sick of them. Toast is monotonous too and I'm not really keen on cereal
                        Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

Switch to Toaster Strudels! N9ne eat those, it make breakfast fun

I still don't eat breakfast in the morning, thats why I am only at A(80) Flat average in school :-/ damn I need that damned A+ (90). I go to sleep around 2 am, because I read books while I go to sleep, then wake up around 6-6:45am take a shower, then head to school around 7:30.

I think I better start heading to bed every earlier because I need to start going to the gym, maybe I will go to bed around 10 pm, wake up around 5am, head to gym for 1.5 hours, head home take a shower grab breakfast and head to school.

Comment

I've never heard of those Arunan?
                            Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

Toaster Strudel are the best thing in the world, you get to put on the icing From pillsbury, must be only in US and Canada.

http://www.pillsbury.com/View/breakfast/strudel.asp

Anythying from the Pillsbury breakfast group makes it fun

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X