Do you use WYSIWYG?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you use WYSIWYG?

I find that even with the ease of use of the new WYSIWYG editor I still find myself disabling it and typing the codes myself.
    Now and then, when I'm in the mood, I'll highlight something and click a button or two on the standard toolbar, and go straight back to typing the codes.
    Don't get me wrong. WYSIWYG looks great.
    I simply feel more comfortable with the code.

How do you feel?
    WYSIWYG editor
    69.64%
    Standard toolbar
    21.43%
    Neither
    8.93%
    Sig? What sig?

I use the WYSIWYG editor. It kicks ass!

Comment

It's quicker to type out tags than it is to click the buttons, but I still have the WYSIWYG editor set as my default thingy just in case I have to format text or something. It's also useful if you copy and paste a paragraph from another website or something and you need to bold certain words or sentences. And it's just cool in general.
      http://www.arsegaming.com/dice/index.php/stuff.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by BillaBongUSA
        It's also useful if you copy and paste a paragraph from another website or something and you need to bold certain words or sentences.
        Now I find it to be just the opposite.
        If I copy and paste something I usually have to remove the formatting, which is more frustrating than anything else and more time consuming than pasting unformatted text and adding a tag here and there as required.

Heh, guess I'm the only one then?
        Sig? What sig?

Comment

Even though I usually have the WYSIWYG as my editor, 99.99% of the time, I type out the tags. No wait, 100%, the other .01% is copy&paste jobs.

Comment

I don't perticularly like it.

Comment

Originally posted by BillaBongUSA
              It's quicker to type out tags than it is to click the buttons...
              Hot keys: ctrl+b, ctrl+i, ctrl+u, etc.

Comment

i use wysiwyg all the time cause i can just hit the hot keys and type

If i copy and paste I usually just hit the Remove Formatting button after.
                Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Scott MacVicar

Did you just say there's a remove formatting button?
                  Sig? What sig?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott MacVicar

Remove formatting button? Good idea.

Comment

i use the thingie, if you want to remove the formattin dump it into notepad first

Comment

Why not just hit the remove formatting button?
                        http://www.arsegaming.com/dice/index.php/stuff.jpg

Comment

I use WYSIWYG so I can use Ctrl. + B for bold, Ctrl. + I for italics and Ctrl. + U for underline. Really saves me time

Comment

I don't use WYSIWYG because I like an all-plain-text world, and I find typing the vB codes faster than clicking. I have all toolbars off except for at WDF where I rarely use the[list] button for sponsor lists in contests.
                            --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
                            Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
                            vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

The remove formatting is that little button next the Font drop down.
                              Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X