X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MasterMac
    replied
    Originally posted by Tolitz
    I always thought OS8 is to Win98, as OS9 is to Windows 2000, as OSX is to Windows XP... if so, someone is lagging on the stability part
    I don't know when Windows 2k came out (probably around the year 2000 ), but OS X Server was first announced in January 1999, so I don't think there was much lag time between the two

Originally posted by MasterJosh
    Wow...and that's out of the mouth (or fingers) of a Mac user
    Well, out of the mouth of another Mac user, I have to say I find the opposite to be true (at least for me) especially with Panther coming out in a few weeks. To each his own though
    Last edited by MasterMac; Thu 9 Oct '03, 1:35pm.

Leave a comment:

• ManagerJosh
    replied
    Originally posted by Jakeman
    I find Windows to be much more functional than OS X. OS X gets in your way. It's easier to do stuff on Windows.
    Wow...and that's out of the mouth (or fingers) of a Mac user

Leave a comment:

• xscript
    replied
    Windows in my experience is much more easier to use. I have used OSX and OS9 ... 9 is just a waste. 9 Crashes when doing normal tasks. Although X is much more stable my personal liking will continue to put XP as the better software. This arguement will always end at that. Mac Guys are Mac Guys and Windows Guys are Windows Guys and somtimes they cross over just to have one company make stupid commercial in a all white background... hmm

Leave a comment:

• CeleronXT
    replied
    Originally posted by jacobi
    Like I said, cold reception; quite acerbic; ouch. When arguments become ad hominem, it's time to leave. Adieu.
    Well when you start laying the blame on Windows so hard (saying it crashes every day, which I highly doubt, even if you have done something to make it unstable), you've got to expect others to call you on it.
    I always thought OS8 is to Win98, as OS9 is to Windows 2000, as OSX is to Windows XP... if so, someone is lagging on the stability part
    Many would argue 2000 is even more stable than XP.

Leave a comment:

• Tolitz
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MasterMac
    replied
    hehe, I've had Windows 2000 since it came out, and even at sporadic times when it tends to crash once or twice a week (mostly brought about by the applications rather than the OS itself), I've never had it crash daily ... something is seriously wrong with your machine if it does

On the other hand, the OS9 I was using at work crashed about 4-5 times a day regardless of how much I tweaked and fixed it... I haven't used OSX but my experience with OS9 pretty much intimidated me
    In terms of stability; OS 9 is to Windows98 as OS X is to Windows2k/XP
    Last edited by MasterMac; Thu 9 Oct '03, 1:23am.

Leave a comment:

• jacobi
    replied
    Originally posted by CeleronXT
    .... it's not Windows' fault - it's your own.
    Like I said, cold reception; quite acerbic; ouch. When arguments become ad hominem, it's time to leave. Adieu.

Leave a comment:

• Tolitz
    replied
    hehe, I've had Windows 2000 since it came out, and even at sporadic times when it tends to crash once or twice a week (mostly brought about by the applications rather than the OS itself), I've never had it crash daily ... something is seriously wrong with your machine if it does

On the other hand, the OS9 I was using at work crashed about 4-5 times a day regardless of how much I tweaked and fixed it... I haven't used OSX but my experience with OS9 pretty much intimidated me

Leave a comment:

• Vile
    replied
    Originally posted by Jakeman
    I find Windows to be much more functional than OS X. OS X gets in your way. It's easier to do stuff on Windows.
    Not only that, but NT5 is rock solid.

Leave a comment:

• CeleronXT
    replied
    Originally posted by jacobi
    Oh, WOW. Can you feel the love?

Seriously, as a vBulletin customer, I feel somewhat slighted by the posts of cavalier bias made by the official developers of this software.

At work yesterday, I was playing around with the smiley menu and other sweet interface enhancements in 3.0b7 only to find that they do not work fully on my Mac at home. My three-year old G3 PowerBook crashes maybe once every two months. My PC at work (of comparable age) running Windows 2000, crashes daily. Talk about a loss of productivity.

I run three different forum packages on sites I manage. At least one of the other leading packages has a Mac-friendly Web site, Mac OS X screenshots of its software, and is happy to support this segment of their community. I'm beginning to feel unwelcome here.
    If you've got a Windows 2000 machine crashing daily, more likely it's not Windows' fault - it's your own. I ran Windows 2000 Server with a ~43 day uptime on a 350 MHz 128 MB SDRAM machine. Only rebooted for Windows Update.

Originally posted by Russell
    The support for this is a lack on Apple's behalf in Safari and not vBulletin.... works in Mozilla fine - so Apple should jump on par with the rest of them.

For me, I just leave it be without things like WYSIWYG because Safari's better all round for just about everything else.
    Safari's stupid. They based on on the Kornqueror rendering engine when they could've based on on Mozilla (and thus, they could've had WYSIWYG).

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    The support for this is a lack on Apple's behalf in Safari and not vBulletin.... works in Mozilla fine - so Apple should jump on par with the rest of them.

For me, I just leave it be without things like WYSIWYG because Safari's better all round for just about everything else.

Leave a comment:

• jacobi
    replied
    Oh, WOW. Can you feel the love?

Seriously, as a vBulletin customer, I feel somewhat slighted by the posts of cavalier bias made by the official developers of this software.

At work yesterday, I was playing around with the smiley menu and other sweet interface enhancements in 3.0b7 only to find that they do not work fully on my Mac at home. My three-year old G3 PowerBook crashes maybe once every two months. My PC at work (of comparable age) running Windows 2000, crashes daily. Talk about a loss of productivity.

I run three different forum packages on sites I manage. At least one of the other leading packages has a Mac-friendly Web site, Mac OS X screenshots of its software, and is happy to support this segment of their community. I'm beginning to feel unwelcome here.

Leave a comment:

• tubedogg
    replied
    Nice Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• MasterMac
    replied
    After a quick search on google, here are the three videos demonstrating this effect:
    ftp://ftp.extremetech.com/pub/extrem...aveWindows.MOV
    ftp://ftp.extremetech.com/pub/extrem...c/StarWars.MOV
    ftp://ftp.extremetech.com/pub/extrem...nhec/Dizzy.MOV

Enjoy
    Last edited by MasterMac; Tue 2 Sep '03, 3:08pm.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    http://www.winsupersite.com/images/s..._winhec_10.png

Specifically that picture has a video with it - I can't find it ATM.... maybe later.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X