Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Osx

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by tubedogg
    What videos? Link?
    http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase...rn_preview.asp
    http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/longhorn_aero.asp
    http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase...eview_2003.asp

    should be somewhere in one of the three.
    Otherwise, digging through the site, you'll find it
    My open eyes see everything, and you see nothing. . .
    That forum

    Comment


    • #47
      http://www.winsupersite.com/images/s..._winhec_10.png

      Specifically that picture has a video with it - I can't find it ATM.... maybe later.
      RussellGreenwood
      http://forums.buffydownunder.com

      Comment


      • #48
        After a quick search on google, here are the three videos demonstrating this effect:
        ftp://ftp.extremetech.com/pub/extrem...aveWindows.MOV
        ftp://ftp.extremetech.com/pub/extrem...c/StarWars.MOV
        ftp://ftp.extremetech.com/pub/extrem...nhec/Dizzy.MOV

        Enjoy
        Last edited by MasterMac; Tue 2 Sep '03, 3:08pm.

        Comment


        • #49
          Nice Thanks!

          Comment


          • #50
            Oh, WOW. Can you feel the love?

            Seriously, as a vBulletin customer, I feel somewhat slighted by the posts of cavalier bias made by the official developers of this software.

            At work yesterday, I was playing around with the smiley menu and other sweet interface enhancements in 3.0b7 only to find that they do not work fully on my Mac at home. My three-year old G3 PowerBook crashes maybe once every two months. My PC at work (of comparable age) running Windows 2000, crashes daily. Talk about a loss of productivity.

            I run three different forum packages on sites I manage. At least one of the other leading packages has a Mac-friendly Web site, Mac OS X screenshots of its software, and is happy to support this segment of their community. I'm beginning to feel unwelcome here.
            http://www.wdca.org/wdca.ico

            Comment


            • #51
              The support for this is a lack on Apple's behalf in Safari and not vBulletin.... works in Mozilla fine - so Apple should jump on par with the rest of them.

              For me, I just leave it be without things like WYSIWYG because Safari's better all round for just about everything else.
              RussellGreenwood
              http://forums.buffydownunder.com

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by jacobi
                Oh, WOW. Can you feel the love?

                Seriously, as a vBulletin customer, I feel somewhat slighted by the posts of cavalier bias made by the official developers of this software.

                At work yesterday, I was playing around with the smiley menu and other sweet interface enhancements in 3.0b7 only to find that they do not work fully on my Mac at home. My three-year old G3 PowerBook crashes maybe once every two months. My PC at work (of comparable age) running Windows 2000, crashes daily. Talk about a loss of productivity.

                I run three different forum packages on sites I manage. At least one of the other leading packages has a Mac-friendly Web site, Mac OS X screenshots of its software, and is happy to support this segment of their community. I'm beginning to feel unwelcome here.
                If you've got a Windows 2000 machine crashing daily, more likely it's not Windows' fault - it's your own. I ran Windows 2000 Server with a ~43 day uptime on a 350 MHz 128 MB SDRAM machine. Only rebooted for Windows Update.

                Originally posted by Russell
                The support for this is a lack on Apple's behalf in Safari and not vBulletin.... works in Mozilla fine - so Apple should jump on par with the rest of them.

                For me, I just leave it be without things like WYSIWYG because Safari's better all round for just about everything else.
                Safari's stupid. They based on on the Kornqueror rendering engine when they could've based on on Mozilla (and thus, they could've had WYSIWYG).
                "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
                "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
                Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by Jakeman
                  I find Windows to be much more functional than OS X. OS X gets in your way. It's easier to do stuff on Windows.
                  Not only that, but NT5 is rock solid.
                  Webmaster / Administrator
                  www.MegaGames.com
                  www.MGForums.com

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    hehe, I've had Windows 2000 since it came out, and even at sporadic times when it tends to crash once or twice a week (mostly brought about by the applications rather than the OS itself), I've never had it crash daily ... something is seriously wrong with your machine if it does

                    On the other hand, the OS9 I was using at work crashed about 4-5 times a day regardless of how much I tweaked and fixed it... I haven't used OSX but my experience with OS9 pretty much intimidated me
                    OPEN TECH SUPPORT
                    "Tech is our middle name!"

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by CeleronXT
                      .... it's not Windows' fault - it's your own.
                      Like I said, cold reception; quite acerbic; ouch. When arguments become ad hominem, it's time to leave. Adieu.
                      http://www.wdca.org/wdca.ico

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by Tolitz
                        hehe, I've had Windows 2000 since it came out, and even at sporadic times when it tends to crash once or twice a week (mostly brought about by the applications rather than the OS itself), I've never had it crash daily ... something is seriously wrong with your machine if it does

                        On the other hand, the OS9 I was using at work crashed about 4-5 times a day regardless of how much I tweaked and fixed it... I haven't used OSX but my experience with OS9 pretty much intimidated me
                        In terms of stability; OS 9 is to Windows98 as OS X is to Windows2k/XP
                        Last edited by MasterMac; Thu 9 Oct '03, 1:23am.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          I always thought OS8 is to Win98, as OS9 is to Windows 2000, as OSX is to Windows XP... if so, someone is lagging on the stability part
                          OPEN TECH SUPPORT
                          "Tech is our middle name!"

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by jacobi
                            Like I said, cold reception; quite acerbic; ouch. When arguments become ad hominem, it's time to leave. Adieu.
                            Well when you start laying the blame on Windows so hard (saying it crashes every day, which I highly doubt, even if you have done something to make it unstable), you've got to expect others to call you on it.
                            Originally posted by Tolitz
                            I always thought OS8 is to Win98, as OS9 is to Windows 2000, as OSX is to Windows XP... if so, someone is lagging on the stability part
                            Many would argue 2000 is even more stable than XP.
                            "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
                            "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
                            Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Windows in my experience is much more easier to use. I have used OSX and OS9 ... 9 is just a waste. 9 Crashes when doing normal tasks. Although X is much more stable my personal liking will continue to put XP as the better software. This arguement will always end at that. Mac Guys are Mac Guys and Windows Guys are Windows Guys and somtimes they cross over just to have one company make stupid commercial in a all white background... hmm

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by Jakeman
                                I find Windows to be much more functional than OS X. OS X gets in your way. It's easier to do stuff on Windows.
                                Wow...and that's out of the mouth (or fingers) of a Mac user
                                ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                                Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

                                Comment

                                widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X