Osx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dalius
    So you're saying I can make Linux into a Panther/Jaguar exact clone?
    No.
    Linux doesn't have Quartz.

You can make it look and behave fairly similar though
    My open eyes see everything, and you see nothing. . .
    That forum

Comment

Originally posted by Jakeman
      I find Windows to be much more functional than OS X. OS X gets in your way. It's easier to do stuff on Windows.
      I find the opposite to be true, but that's probably just me

Comment

Hmmm....Is there any Linux==> OSX conversion guides on the net? By conversation I mean hacking the hell out of it until it looks as good as it can to OSX.

Comment

Hmmm....Is there any Linux==> OSX conversion guides on the net? By conversation I mean hacking the hell out of it until it looks as good as it can to OSX.
          Yea.

http://www.apple.com/switch
          :)

Comment

Only thing that makes OS X worth a damn is Darwin *cough*FreeBSD*cough*

J.

Comment

Originally posted by DirectPixel
              Bah, then I need to pay money.
              And no one wants that!

Comment

What is Quartz really? A graphics rendering engine? You have several to choose from in Linux.

Doesn't OSX get its cool look from its alpha blended graphics? Linux supports Alpha Blended graphics, in fact pretty much everything in the user interface is simple PNG's or you can use SVG graphics for better scaling.

I have seen Linux machines and Macs side by side and the only way you can tell the difference between the two by looking is looking at the cases.
                Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

WHat hacking?? To get it to look like a Macintosh running OSX, all you need to do is apply some themes here, run a taskbar replacement there. Not hard to do.
                  Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                  The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                  vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                    WHat hacking?? To get it to look like a Macintosh running OSX, all you need to do is apply some themes here, run a taskbar replacement there. Not hard to do.
                    IMO, if people don't know things like that, they shouldn't be running Linux. >_<
                    "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
                    "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
                    Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

Originally posted by CeleronXT
                      IMO, if people don't know things like that, they shouldn't be running Linux. >_<
                      Good of you to demonstrate the attitude that will ensure Linux never becomes mainstream among home users.

Comment

Quartz offloads a whole bunch of GUI stuff to the GPU instead of the CPU. Eg. you can have heavy (gui) activity without it disturbing the resources available for your software.

Think of the Longhorn desktop engine, except osx and a few years earlier
                        My open eyes see everything, and you see nothing. . .
                        That forum

Comment

Originally posted by tubedogg
                          Good of you to demonstrate the attitude that will ensure Linux never becomes mainstream among home users.
                          I want it to become a mainstream too, but you have to go admit that it is more difficult than Windows (for someone who doesn't know computers).
                          "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
                          "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
                          Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

Of course it is, but if you start by ruling out everyone who doesn't know that there are various themes available for Linux, you're going to be starting with a pretty small crowd.

Comment

I am running vBulletin on a Mac OSX Server, and I have 7 other Macs on OSX.
                              http://www.makemydinner.net/downloads/mmd_abadge.gif http://www.adimaging.com/downloads/a...adi_abadge.gif

Comment

Give me one? 0=)
                                :)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X