Only In America!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 0ptima
    How do you know that the pizza is cold when the driver brings it to the door? Even if it is cold, it will not be the drivers fault.

http://tipthepizzaguy.com/
    Hmm, what is outlined on that webpage might be the situation in USA but it's not the case here in England. My cousin has done two months of pizza delivery (as a summer job) and he gets paid exactly enough for the fuel costs for his car, he's not at risk of getting murdered on the job as much as *A LOT* of other jobs out there, he earned £15 tip in one night once (~$24) and gets paid quite well. They've made generalisations on that webpage and incorrectly so as from people I know and talk to, it's not the case.

Comment

LOL! That fitness picture is absolutely hilarious

Comment

Originally posted by N9ne
        Hmm, what is outlined on that webpage might be the situation in USA but it's not the case here in England. My cousin has done two months of pizza delivery (as a summer job) and he gets paid exactly enough for the fuel costs for his car, he's not at risk of getting murdered on the job as much as *A LOT* of other jobs out there, he earned £15 tip in one night once (~$24) and gets paid quite well. They've made generalisations on that webpage and incorrectly so as from people I know and talk to, it's not the case.
        My first job was delivering pizza and I agree with a lot of what that page says. The one thing that people need to realize is that the driver's car really takes a beating and all repairs are paid for by the driver. On top of that, delivery insurance is more expensive and many people quit when there car is no longer functional

Please take this into consideration next time you order out.

Comment

Originally posted by ABLady
          Only in America... do we use the word 'politics' to describe the process so well: Poli' in Latin meaning 'many' and 'tics' meaning 'bloodsucking creatures'.
          I like this one more:
          Politician, n.: From the Greek "poly" ("many") and the French "tete" (head" or "face," as in "tete-a-tete": head to head or face to face). Hence "polytetien", a person of two or more faces.
          iComix :: web comics

Report Post | IP: Logged

Comment

Ever read snowcrash ?

Now thats what I call pizza service
            I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

My first job was delivering pizza and I agree with a lot of what that page says. The one thing that people need to realize is that the driver's car really takes a beating and all repairs are paid for by the driver. On top of that, delivery insurance is more expensive and many people quit when there car is no longer functional

Please take this into consideration next time you order out.
              We actually tip the delivery people $5.00 - $10.00 with every order depending on the size of it. Usually leave a 25% tip in restaurants as well.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Tipping : That's one thing that isn't very good in the UK at all, I've been a pizza delivery boy on a scooter, a waiter and a barman.

I can see why the service is of a lower standard than the states, you expect nothing for being helpful polite etc (albeit you should do that anyway) so there isn't any incentive to do it.

Though it wasn't my scooter and it used to get thrashed on a daily basis
                I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X