Only In America!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only In America!

1. Only in America... can a pizza get to your house faster than an ambulance.

2. Only in America... are there handicap parking places in front of a skating ring.

3. Only in America... do drugstores make the sick walk all the way to the back of the store to get their prescriptions while healthy people can buy cigarettes at the front.

4. Only in America... do people order double cheese burgers, large fries, and a diet Coke.

5. Only in America... do banks leave both doors to the vault open and then chain the pens to the counters.

6. Only in America... do we leave cars worth thousands of dollars in the driveway and put our useless junk in the garage.

7. Only in America... do we use answering machines to screen calls and then have call waiting so we won't miss a call from someone we didn't want to talk to in the first place.

8. Only in America... do we buy hot dogs in packages of ten and buns in packages of eight.

9. Only in America... do we use the word 'politics' to describe the process so well: Poli' in Latin meaning 'many' and 'tics' meaning 'bloodsucking creatures'.

10. Only in America... do they have drive-up ATM machines with Braille lettering

:cool: That which is obvious, needs no introduction. :cool:

8. Only in America... do we buy hot dogs in packages of ten and buns in packages of eight.

This was a question in the movie "Bulletproof Monk". I forget what the answer was.

Comment

Substitute "America" for any developed nation.
      Motorsport Forums

Comment

Thats universal.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Hewitt
          Substitute "America" for any developed nation.
          Absoultly.

All apply to the U.K. except possibly the drive-up ATM's.
          I don't know if we have those but if we do anti-discrimination laws will force operators to make them visually-impared- friendly.
          Sig? What sig?

Comment

Pizza gets to everyone's house quickly? damn I havent tiped in ages because mines always cold when it gets here . Unless its some hot chick that brings then, then I tip big ($2 )

Comment

Originally posted by Brad.loo
              Pizza gets to everyone's house quickly? damn I havent tiped in ages because mines always cold when it gets here . Unless its some hot chick that brings then, then I tip big ($2 )
              no one said pizza gets there quickly. Only that ambulances take longer.
              Sig? What sig?

Comment

Originally posted by ABLady
                10. Only in America... do they have drive-up ATM machines with Braille lettering
                I personally have never understood this one! What are you doing driving around if you're blind. My only explanation is, if you're legally blind, you're still able to drive, atleast here in Arizona.

Comment

Half that stuff isn't that stupid if you think about it

Comment

Average Response time for Paramedics and Ambulances to my neighborhood: 3 minutes.

Average Response time for Pizza Delivery: 15 minutes.

Of course the Firehouse is about half a mile away and the pizza parlor is 3/4s a mile away. The Fire Department responds to a call on my street an average of twice a month.

As for banking ATM's, the explanation for that is the banks order them in lots before they know where they are going to install them. Much easier to order 100 of the same machine and have them installed at various branches then ordering them one at a time.

And I buy hotdogs in packages of 12 and hotdog buns by the dozen. If I were to buy these things at the supermarket, I would get the kosher ones which come in packages of 8 to correspond with the number of buns in a typical package.

TO call screening, I can only say Caller ID. Then I can let those calls that come through on call waiting go to voice mail if I don't want to talk to them.
                    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Brad.loo
                      How do you know that the pizza is cold when the driver brings it to the door? Even if it is cold, it will not be the drivers fault.

http://tipthepizzaguy.com/

Comment

Originally posted by 0ptima
                        How do you know that the pizza is cold when the driver brings it to the door? Even if it is cold, it will not be the drivers fault.

http://tipthepizzaguy.com/
                        Well, its called past expercance. Ive waited for pizza for 1 and a half hours before. Hell one driver came right up to me cussing one day because it took him so long to find the house and he knew the pizza was going to be free. Not my fault he couldent tell his right from his left.

Comment

I never get the Chance to get Free pizza, Alot of FOTF work at the pizza place so
                          1) it's get's here early

and a few months ago,
                          they didn't deliver to my neighbourhood.
                          as someone Robbed the pizza guy, and tooke his money and pizza's lol.

Comment

Only in America...
                            Attached Files
                            Chamber of Secrets - The Ultimate Harry Potter Community!

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir03
                              Only in America...
                              I don't see a handicapped access ramp. They're gonna get sued (only in America).

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X