Amazon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazon

I heard that they have a paedo book on their website, I personally find this very disturbing. Afterall, the whole thing is just sick....

I personally can't believe why Amazon would put something so distasteful on their site? It's like they only care about the money in their pocket.

What is a paedo book ?

Comment

Well, I read in a newspaper that Amazon were selling a book which promoted paedophile (sp?) activity. The book is called "The love of young boys and men" or something. I personally found this very disturbing.

Comment

It's a book about a pedo's life, and his explaining of Man-Boy love.

Amazon caused a stir when they put it up, but what's really interesting is that they let that on but, they were trying to delete all gay-literature off their site before.

Comment

I thought America were big on cutting out this sort of thing?

Comment

That's not necessarily promoting paedophilia though is it. There are books available about all kinds of illegal and morally reprehensible activities.

Comment

I just find it sick, I feel strongly about this sort of thing.

Here is an article - http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2003391229,00.html

Comment

Oh, that puts it in a different light. I wouldn't normally trust anything The Sun says, but this story is also appearing on less sensationalist sites as well. I don't like the fact that the author is trying to legitimize paedophilia one bit, though I don't think banning it will help either. If you're not already a paedohile then reading this book isn't going to make you one, and it could offer valuable insights into the minds of paedophiles which could be helpful in identifying offenders and preventing future abuse. It's a tricky issue this one.

Comment

Originally posted by f-a_org
                  It's a book about a pedo's life, and his explaining of Man-Boy love.

Amazon caused a stir when they put it up, but what's really interesting is that they let that on but, they were trying to delete all gay-literature off their site before.
                  Really? Why would Amazon try to remove all Gay titles from its site when Gay/Bi literature is such a strong niche?

Comment

I don't think banning books is a good for a free society which believes in freedom of speech etc. While the subject may be appaling, I defend the right of anyone to have their say wheather I like it or not.

Those who cry "ban ban" are the dangerous creatures in society.

Comment

Originally posted by vB3Dev.Com
                      Those who cry "ban ban" are the dangerous creatures in society.
                      You only say that because people cry "ban ban" at you.
                      "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
                      "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
                      Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

Originally posted by CeleronXT
                        You only say that because people cry "ban ban" at you.
                        lol!
                        nice one
                        My open eyes see everything, and you see nothing. . .
                        That forum

Comment

Ugh....some titles are just disturbing and this definitely classifies as disturbing.

New username Oscar?
                          ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                          Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
                            New username Oscar?
                            What makes you say that?
                            My open eyes see everything, and you see nothing. . .
                            That forum

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X