Need Ideas for a new forum.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Ideas for a new forum.....

I'm having a hard time thinking of what my forum should be about...

Theres alot of forums that are the same theme as what I think my forum should be..

Does anyone have a good theme my forum should use?

Something that you're interested in?

Comment

I've tryed that but.... The Themes are taken already =/

Comment

I've also been thinking about what on Earth I could make a forum about.

In the end the only idea I can come up with is (and i've done this before):

Setting up 5 websites all on topics which there's only a few sites on already. Make these sites extremely popular, THEN introduce a forum, a collective forum which is used by the visitors of all the sites. Instant popularity comes when you have 5 websites all popular.

I had this kind of setup ^ with just two sites and I got to 8000 members so it's all good.

Comment

Commercialize it.

Go look at abestweb.com, Hakio, the owner of that pulls in ~$50K a year off his forum alone! Not bad for a 3 - 4 hour a day "job"

I have 50% more posts then he does, and just a few hundred less members, but guess what, nobody in niche is going to pay $2000 a year for there own private forum, he has ~25 paid private forums!
          Bike Forums.net

Comment

Originally posted by Joe
            Commercialize it.

Go look at abestweb.com, Hakio, the owner of that pulls in ~$50K a year off his forum alone! Not bad for a 3 - 4 hour a day "job"

I have 50% more posts then he does, and just a few hundred less members, but guess what, nobody in niche is going to pay $2000 a year for there own private forum, he has ~25 paid private forums!
            You make it sound like forums are just about money. Maybe he's after something for fun and not money.

Comment

Originally posted by N9ne
              You make it sound like forums are just about money. Maybe he's after something for fun and not money.

Yes, I'm after something fun :P

Comment

Who said making money isnt fun?
                Bike Forums.net

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. HillBilly
                  What interests do you have of which websites focusing solely on that topic don't exist in 10s, 100s? Do you have any interests where there's only about 3/4 websites which have their own full domain name (.com, or .net) and are receiving enough hits? If so I'd consider taking up on those, but if you want a succesful forum you'd need to do it with a few sites, and go with the idea in my first post in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe
                    Who said making money isnt fun?
                    Of course it's fun and all, but with forums, to just start one to make money drains fun from it IMO; you should be established first really, and in Mr HillBilly's case he wants to do it for fun. My opinion is that you made it too serious.

Comment

*shrug*

Nothing in the original post hinted at what he was looking to do. Some people run a forum for fun, some for money. Most start out as a hobby board, and then try to make it commercial. Not too many succeed, as no thought was put into making the forum pay for itself. Unless he plans on paying for the forum out of pocket for the life of the site, some commercial though should be put in before he starts.

Nobody can tell him what he should start a forum on, what theme or topic. thats useless. We can however give him some basic ideas.

I have a few ideas for forums i plan on starting, but i wont let them out of the bag any time soon
                      Bike Forums.net

Comment

Originally posted by Joe
                        *shrug*

Nothing in the original post hinted at what he was looking to do. Some people run a forum for fun, some for money. Most start out as a hobby board, and then try to make it commercial. Not too many succeed, as no thought was put into making the forum pay for itself. Unless he plans on paying for the forum out of pocket for the life of the site, some commercial though should be put in before he starts.

Nobody can tell him what he should start a forum on, what theme or topic. thats useless. We can however give him some basic ideas.

I have a few ideas for forums i plan on starting, but i wont let them out of the bag any time soon
                        He replied stating he wants to do it for fun.

Also I didn't say what his forum should be on, I gave him ideas .

Comment

he replied only after i posted...
                          Bike Forums.net

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. HillBilly
                            This is the post where he says it's just for fun.

Comment

It most of the time has to be something your interested in..

Why make a site about something you do not like? You will not make a good site about it and waste time. Just because alot of sites have your interests, doesn't mean you can't make your unique.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X