Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dual Xeon 2.2 ghz server?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Dual Xeon 2.2 ghz server?

    Where is the best place to purchase this server?

    Any suggestions on price and reliable company? i've seen some online companies offering this machine for "less" but I worry about their company reliability.

    Thoughts? Help? thanks!

    Also, any suggestions on RAM needed (I'm thinking atleast 2 gig) and any other add-ons on a dream machine?
    Fan Club member for VBulletin Dev and Support Team ;)

    Hysterectomy - GirlsGetGoing.com - Fabulous Fifty

    I'm frequently asked about the skin designer for my forums. ForumSkin.com

  • #2
    Would you want a dedicated, or shared server?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by bahawolf
      Would you want a dedicated, or shared server?

      I'm purchasing...for a dedicated server. I have another server that is dated and needs to be my backup file keeper. So I'm browsing for a new server for my sites.
      Fan Club member for VBulletin Dev and Support Team ;)

      Hysterectomy - GirlsGetGoing.com - Fabulous Fifty

      I'm frequently asked about the skin designer for my forums. ForumSkin.com

      Comment


      • #4
        I'd reccomend RSMHost.com, which I use. I don't own a dedicated server yet, but I'm purchasing one very soon. Here are the 2 plans that are relevant to your request:

        Dual Xeon 2.4GHz
        1GB DDR ECC Registered RAM
        1 x 73GB SCSI 10,000RPM Hard Disk
        1 x 80GB 7200RPM IDE Hard Disk
        2000GB Monthly Bandwidth (1000GB in and 1000GB out)
        APC Remote Reboot Port Included!
        5 IP's Included (With Justification)
        cPanel/WHM Included! $334.95 Monthly

        --------------------------------------------

        Dual Xeon 2.4GHz
        1GB DDR RAM
        80GB 7200RPM IDE Hard Disk
        10MBIT Unmetered Bandwidth (Capped)
        APC Remote Reboot Port Included!
        Add cPanel/WHM for $3.99 Per Month!
        5 IP's Included (With Justification)
        $0.00 Setup Fee $589.99 Monthly

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by bahawolf
          I'd reccomend RSMHost.com, which I use. I don't own a dedicated server yet, but I'm purchasing one very soon. Here are the 2 plans that are relevant to your request:

          Dual Xeon 2.4GHz
          1GB DDR ECC Registered RAM
          1 x 73GB SCSI 10,000RPM Hard Disk
          1 x 80GB 7200RPM IDE Hard Disk
          2000GB Monthly Bandwidth (1000GB in and 1000GB out)
          APC Remote Reboot Port Included!
          5 IP's Included (With Justification)
          cPanel/WHM Included! $334.95 Monthly

          --------------------------------------------

          Dual Xeon 2.4GHz
          1GB DDR RAM
          80GB 7200RPM IDE Hard Disk
          10MBIT Unmetered Bandwidth (Capped)
          APC Remote Reboot Port Included!
          Add cPanel/WHM for $3.99 Per Month!
          5 IP's Included (With Justification)
          $0.00 Setup Fee $589.99 Monthly

          Thanks for the info but I'm not looking for a hosting plan.

          I'm looking for the best price, best company to *purchase* a server. I have a company I use now that I'm happy for co-locating my server. I'm just wanting another machine...to purchase and co-locate with my other one.

          Sorry I wasn't clear about that.
          Fan Club member for VBulletin Dev and Support Team ;)

          Hysterectomy - GirlsGetGoing.com - Fabulous Fifty

          I'm frequently asked about the skin designer for my forums. ForumSkin.com

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Kathy
            Thanks for the info but I'm not looking for a hosting plan.

            I'm looking for the best price, best company to *purchase* a server. I have a company I use now that I'm happy for co-locating my server. I'm just wanting another machine...to purchase and co-locate with my other one.

            Sorry I wasn't clear about that.
            for servers i haven't bought from these but according to some web hosts owners I've talked to

            www.qsol.com
            www.acmemicro.com

            are 2 places which a few hosts at WHT have or do use
            :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
            :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
            :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

            Comment


            • #7
              I use a rackshack.net Dual Xeon which works well. But RS is unmanaged, so it depends on how good you are with server management.
              Avatar Chat

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Erwin
                I use a rackshack.net Dual Xeon which works well. But RS is unmanaged, so it depends on how good you are with server management.

                Thanks!...I'm not shopping for a hosting plan or a co-location spot. I have that. So rackshack isn't an option.

                i'm just looking for the hardware. I'll check out the links, George. Thanks!
                Fan Club member for VBulletin Dev and Support Team ;)

                Hysterectomy - GirlsGetGoing.com - Fabulous Fifty

                I'm frequently asked about the skin designer for my forums. ForumSkin.com

                Comment


                • #9
                  If you live in Canada. Here are some Canadian cheap prices at CanadaComputers.com

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Ever thought of building yourself?
                    Running vB since 4-14-2002

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Either you could build it yourself or try Dell (high quality systems)

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Who do you colocate with (if I may ask)?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Get whatever these Forums are hosted on - they seem very capable and quite robust.
                          The Admin Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators
                          Articles - Forum Review
                          Interviews:
                          KierScottJerryAndreasSteveWayneJakeFlorisLogicianErwin
                          Paul M

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by the Sandman
                            Get whatever these Forums are hosted on - they seem very capable and quite robust.

                            Where is that post about the server these forums are sitting on? I remember that now...vaguely...who posted it?

                            As for building my own...I co-locate at catalog.com and not in my neighborhood. I just wanted to buy it and have it shipped there.

                            Thanks for ya'lls input.
                            Fan Club member for VBulletin Dev and Support Team ;)

                            Hysterectomy - GirlsGetGoing.com - Fabulous Fifty

                            I'm frequently asked about the skin designer for my forums. ForumSkin.com

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Have you looked at Dell's PowerEdge servers?

                              Sean
                              SitePoint Advisor (seanf)
                              http://sitepointforums.com
                              Harry Potter

                              Comment

                              widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X