Wysiwyg ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wysiwyg ???

Can you use this in vBulletin 2? I was just wondering if you can copy pics and paste them right into your post? Also, is it called WYSIWYG editor or something?

This is not availabe in vB2. You need to upgrade to vB3.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Steve, do you know if it's allowed to hack vB2 to include the WYSIWYG editor? Thanks.

Comment

Of course hacking (or code modifications) is allowed.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I mean, how would we get this to work? Would we be allowed to include the WYSIWYG editor in the .zip file at vB.org, or would they have to download the package from here and then get the WYSIWYG source out of that package. Thanks.

Comment

I don't know how to add that hack or what zip file you are referring to. This would be something to ask over at vbulletin.org.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I'll explain it a little more, would I be able to include, if I made this hack, the WYSIWYG in the zip I post at vbulletin.org or would they have to download it from here?

Comment

No, you can't post hacks here. You need to post the hack at vbulletin.org then you can post the URL to it here.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

No you can't since the code is part of the vB3 code and not all users have access to the vB3 zip. So basically you'd be distributing vBulletin files ie the parser for wysiwyg to vbulletin which isn't allowed.

Also alot of stuff isn't implemented in vB2. Align tags being one of them.
                  Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Ahhh, I didn't understand that he wanted to use the vB3 code as a hack. Scott's correct.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

There is already a WYSIWYG hack available over at vBulletin.org. Do a search for it.
                      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...threadid=40130

Comment

Ok ty everyone!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X