iPods - Break Easily?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPods - Break Easily?

I was just searching on eBay for some iPods, and came up with tons of listings of "broken" iPods. Do these players break overly-easy?
    "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
    "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
    Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

I dropped mine a couple times and its still ticking.

http://i.ksilebo.com/ksicom_button.png
    http://i.ksilebo.com/simpli_button.png

Comment

I've had mine for a few months. So far so good & no problems here.

You can find pretty much anything on Ebay these days. I've even seen tons of broken consoles (ps2 & xbox) and was tempted to get them & repair them
      Webmaster / Administrator
      www.MegaGames.com
      www.MGForums.com

Comment

Originally posted by Vile
        I've had mine for a few months. So far so good & no problems here.

You can find pretty much anything on Ebay these days. I've even seen tons of broken consoles (ps2 & xbox) and was tempted to get them & repair them

wish you lived in the uk m8 your one handy guy to know ....

Comment

I've had my iPod for a few months, working like a charm.

Comment

Originally posted by CeleronXT
            I was just searching on eBay for some iPods, and came up with tons of listings of "broken" iPods. Do these players break overly-easy?
            Dunno if they are prone to breaking, but the reason broken ones are being sold are for parts.

Comment

Definately don't break easily.

I know a guy who left his in the washer accidentally and it still works fine. Some stickers came off, but that's it.

Comment

They do not break easily at all. I dropped mine down the concrete steps on the front of school when my backpack fell open, and it fell, all that happened was a few scratches.

iPods are the most durable. If you get one of the other brands, I guarantee that they are about as durable as a typical personal CD player/jogger. And those things break within a few months of purchase.

iPod is the way to go.
                | DiscBurn | CD & DVD Replication services, film and VHS to DVD, and duplication equipment
                |
                Disc On Demand | Short-run CD & DVD duplication... all online.

Comment

Hmmm... I have a Sony personal CD Player that I bought back in 1991 for about $199.00 and it stills works great and has never been broken.

On the iPOD front... Anyone know a date on when they are going to roll out the iTune's music store on the Windows Platform? I am currently thinking about getting a digital music player for my wife for Yule but the only selling point that iPOD has that I can see is the iTUNES store and that only works if you have a Mac right now.
                  Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                  The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                  vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                  Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                    Hmmm... I have a Sony personal CD Player that I bought back in 1991 for about $199.00 and it stills works great and has never been broken.

On the iPOD front... Anyone know a date on when they are going to roll out the iTune's music store on the Windows Platform? I am currently thinking about getting a digital music player for my wife for Yule but the only selling point that iPOD has that I can see is the iTUNES store and that only works if you have a Mac right now.
                    The store should be available to Windows users by the end of the year.
                    Got that from google

Comment

They can take a lot!!! The one I bought my wife almost 2 years ago is still working great!

Comment

Well, in the course of going to school in a bookbag that is often filled with books, notebooks, etc. they can get wrecked quite easily. My problen always seems to be that what they use for the hinges of the lids on them always is breaking. It isn't limited to any one brand-this happens on Sony, Panasonic, etc. I've gone through 3 of them now--and first the spring will pop out of the hinge, then the hinge itself snaps soon afterwards.

That's why I like iPods. It is about the size of a bar of soap, holds many more songs, and doesn't break. Good for backpacks.
                        | DiscBurn | CD & DVD Replication services, film and VHS to DVD, and duplication equipment
                        |
                        Disc On Demand | Short-run CD & DVD duplication... all online.

Comment

eh the itunes store isnt all its cracked up to be, the music you download is in a special format and can only be used on your computer for now that is, my friend is a big mac guy and that pissed him off quiet good

Comment

Originally posted by Faranth
                            eh the itunes store isnt all its cracked up to be, the music you download is in a special format and can only be used on your computer for now that is, my friend is a big mac guy and that pissed him off quiet good
                            Well, he could use it on 2 other Macs as-is (3 maximum), or he could burn it to a CD and then re-import it as a MP3 or un-restricted AAC format if he wanted to put it on more computers or some PCs, so it's not that restrictive

As for Windows iTMS, that's going to be out before the end of '03 AFAIK

Comment

Originally posted by Lacrosse Boy
                              That's why I like iPods. It is about the size of a bar of soap, holds many more songs, and doesn't break. Good for backpacks.
                              Hmmmm... Might need to buy something different then. A bar of soap is small. Too small for my wife to be carrying with her everywhere. She will want something a little more substantial. She is the only person who says "Give me the largest cell phone you have".
                              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                              vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                              Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X