Starting a new site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting a new site

So, as my current site is close to completion (except updating regularly) i'm thinking of starting a second one.

i was thinking one of my lifelong passions: final fantasy.

But does anyone have any starter plans to a site, seeing as i ********ed up this one from start to finish.

this time, i don't want to run the site from VB, but still integrate it somehow.

Also; not get any of my irl friends on it (at least for the start) so it doesn't look like a close-knit community where people are afraid to register for fear of butting in.

and; get a basic site and content up before i release it.

so any other idea's?

I highly recommend you DON'T make another Final Fantasy site if you want to have a big community.

There are many FF site's already out with huge communities. It's alot of competition. And they are basically all the same.

Unless you have insider information from Square or know things others don't, I doubt it will be very sucessful.

Comment

I know FF sites are overdone, which is why i want suggestions, i want something Different =/

Comment

start making a house community or something like that...
        dunno how to explain but use your site as a house... open up different "rooms" (forums) where people can do different things.
        So every registered member feels like living in your site
        That's the end of that!

Comment

That... is quite a good and original idea

thanks.

Comment

no problem, i wanted to do this on my own but i don't have enough money for a second vB license... ah i'll wait how it's working for you and than start the same project in german
            That's the end of that!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X