Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[UK] Where's the best place [online] to buy a LiteOn 52x32x52 CDRW?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John Round
    Surprised nobody has mentioned http://www.amazon.co.uk

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...617629-4409242 - Free Delivery and if you buy before August 31st you can even get 10 free CD-R's
    That's a good few quid more expensive than aria.co.uk and it's 24x re-write, not 32x

Comment

I usually go to www.microdirect.co.uk because they're close enough for me to visit in person so I save on postage and the hassle of returning goods if they turn out to be faulty.

What about computer fairs? You can find out here: www.computermarkets.co.uk where the nearest one to you is.

Comment

At these computer fairs, am I likely to find high-range hardware? I may soon be building a new system, would I find 3.2CGHz processors and the likes?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott MacVicar
          i never buy from overclockers.co.uk had problems twice now.

First time was a faulty motherboard but they asked me to send Process and Motherboard back just to check. They then returned a new motherboard but the processor had been damaged on return and i had to pay to send it back and there policy is that you pay for returns.

Second time i ordered a new barebones and memory and there next day delivery ended up 6 days by that point i had already got the system elsewhere and refused to accept the goods when they arrived so it was returned and that took over 2 weeks and a refund to my card anothe week. In total it took 4 weeks.
          Overclockers.co.uk (or overcockups as my friends call them!) suck, lots of my friends have had really bad problems with them so I wont shop there.

not one to spread horror stories but...one friend bought a system from there - sent it back because it was faulty, and it came back with half the ram it went in with!

Dealers I wont touch: Scan, Overclockers.co.uk
          I usually shop with Overclock.co.uk / Aria.co.uk / eBuyer.com (If im desperate!)

Originally posted by N9ne
          At these computer fairs, am I likely to find high-range hardware? I may soon be building a new system, would I find 3.2CGHz processors and the likes?
          I wouldnt buy from computer fairs either, again bad experience - faulty/damaged parts

misery misery
          Last edited by Nicholas Brown; Fri 15 Aug '03, 1:45pm.

Comment

In my experience you won't find much stuff that you can't find a little cheaper online .

Comment

Yeah, you'll find all the mainstream stuff there that you can buy in shops or over the net. Actually computer shops from all over the country sell their stuff at these fairs so often you find you're buying from the same people. What surprises me is that with all those stalls sometimes you just can't find what you're looking for if it's slightly out of the ordinary. For instance I went to the one in Manchester last Saturday and only two stalls sold fanbuses. Hardly a product of a niche market, but there you go. I wasn't impressed with either of them but bought one anyway because I wanted it urgently.

They cost £4 to get in so don't go if you only want one cheap item because you'll end up paying more (and £4 would cover the postage charges for lots of small items if you ordered online). Like John said, often prices are no better than the shops, but it's nice to be able to wander round and 'window shop'. There's nowhere else in the country where you'll find so much computer hardware and software under one roof so they do have that benefit.

Comment

I'll probably get it from Aria.co.uk then, as it seems many people here buy from there and also my uncle buys from there and says they're good .

Comment

I'll probably get it from Aria.co.uk then, as it seems many people here buy from there and also my uncle buys from there and says they're good .
                  Aria are great Ive just bought lots of stuff from them - no problems what so ever, and when I asked them to reprint a years worth of invoices for me they did so with no ums or ars and sent them out free of charge (i didnt used to keep all my invoices :\)

Comment

Originally posted by Nicholas Brown
                    Aria are great Ive just bought lots of stuff from them - no problems what so ever, and when I asked them to reprint a years worth of invoices for me they did so with no ums or ars and sent them out free of charge (i didnt used to keep all my invoices :\)
                    Good to hear .

On a side note, I'm thinking about getting a DVD-writer, now is this advisable? I mean i'd love to be able to burn 4.7GB worth of stuff for safe keeping / backup but really, at 4x speed, is this going to take months?

Are any faster DVD-writers going to come out anytime soon?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X