Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[UK] Where's the best place [online] to buy a LiteOn 52x32x52 CDRW?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [UK] Where's the best place [online] to buy a LiteOn 52x32x52 CDRW?

I want to buy a Lite On 52x32x52 CD-RW drive but I'm looking for the best place. I need reliability and good/quick delivery .

I know of aria.co.uk and overclockers.co.uk and ebuyer.com, are there any other places -- that maybe have a little lower prices, or something special?

I don't know where to buy these in the UK but I wanted to say that these are great drives. I have three LiteOn burners and 2 DVD players. Never had problems with any of them.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

If I were you I would spend a few extra quid on the combo 48x burner and 16x DVD. I have 2 now and they rock (The best thing is they only cost as much as the 52x burner did a few months ago!)

Comment

Originally posted by John Round
        If I were you I would spend a few extra quid on the combo 48x burner and 16x DVD. I have 2 now and they rock (The best thing is they only cost as much as the 52x burner did a few months ago!)
        16x DVD player though isn't it? I already have 3 DVD players in my bedroom alone (PS2, DVD drive on PC, Yamaha DVD Player)

Comment

Yea, but it's cheaper than buying a DVD drive and CD writer

Comment

Originally posted by John Round
            Yea, but it's cheaper than buying a DVD drive and CD writer
            Yeah it is and don't get me wrong I'd go for that but I already have enough DVD players, so there's no point really.

Comment

ocUK
              They deliver via Lynx, usually comes next afternoon (for me anyway).

Haven't used them in a while though.

EDIT: opps didn't notice you mentioned ocUK already

EDIT2: tried this?

Aria seem to be mentioned top there for price anyway
              Last edited by ffaBen; Wed 13 Aug '03, 2:53pm.
              FFAddicts: [site|forums]

Comment

Just a question, are there any Liteon burners with an 8MB buffer? I know i've seen a CD-RW drive that has an 8MB buffer but I can't remember which it was...

Comment

dabs.com www.overclockers.co.uk

Comment

i never buy from overclockers.co.uk had problems twice now.

First time was a faulty motherboard but they asked me to send Process and Motherboard back just to check. They then returned a new motherboard but the processor had been damaged on return and i had to pay to send it back and there policy is that you pay for returns.

Second time i ordered a new barebones and memory and there next day delivery ended up 6 days by that point i had already got the system elsewhere and refused to accept the goods when they arrived so it was returned and that took over 2 weeks and a refund to my card anothe week. In total it took 4 weeks.
                    Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

You could try www.ebuyer.co.uk, but its pot luck with their courier Initial City Link.

If you have a job get Initial City Link to deliver to your work place because most of the time they don't leave a card to let you know they have attempted delivery.

Comment

Ebuyer are really, really good. I've bought stuff off them many a time
                        I would also recommend http://www.watford.co.uk
                        Matt
                        Avatar Generator - The ultimate avatar and banner generation tool. It's a Google Image search mashup.
                        Christian Gaming - A forum for Christians who like video games.

Comment

Originally posted by djnoz
                          Ebuyer are really, really good. I've bought stuff off them many a time
                          I would also recommend http://www.watford.co.uk
                          Yeah, ebuyer are good, shame about the courier.

Comment

using www.kustompcs.co.uk for special stuff, I know Graeme quite well.

I've been using www.dabs.com and www.insight.com/uk/ for other things, got my laptop from Insight, very pleased with delivery.
                            Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Surprised nobody has mentioned http://www.amazon.co.uk

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...617629-4409242 - Free Delivery and if you buy before August 31st you can even get 10 free CD-R's

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X