Power hungry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bahawolf
    People seem to be misunderstanding me... and getting pissed.
    Nah, I understood you fine, which is why I fully support your decision

Comment

Don't listen to what anyone else thinks, it's upto you after all it is your forum. You can make whatever decision you like.

Comment

I did just that... I had posted on the Staff site, in the public announcements, AND in the Announcements that all Super-moderators who weren't GCN Staff, were going to be dropped about 32 hours before I dropped them. If you knew him, you'd know hes powerhungry.
        ahh had you posted this vital info in the first place, that you did inform them all well before hand then yes i agree with what you have done, and you did it right.... if the person still has a problem now then unfortunatly appart from reiterating your reasons behind it there isnt much else you can do.....

Comment

Recently, I decided I basically needed to do a staff overhaul. So, I dropped some staff, and I demoted all 'Super Moderators' who weren't GCN Staff (GCN, the program) to accomodate the new rules, and undergo new training. Anyway, I got on today, and recieved this PM, who was a Staff member of mine, but not of GCN, and so was demoted:

At first, I read it... and was mad a little... but didn't do much. But, I read it the 2nd time, and realized, that he is only here for power. Everyone on GCN knows that he craves power.. but the problem is, he made the most posts on GCNForums, so it felt awkward. Anyway, I decided that overall, he did break several staff rules in the past, and now this one:

Since hes had several warnings, 1 suspension, and 1 heated argument over it... I gave up. I PMed him the following:

I already have 2 new staff members picked out, that are to undergo basic training, and then they can start off as Staff. As for JohnC.. Do you think I was wrong?
          Not at all. I've had a power hungry super mod before who wanted to become an admin, who pm'd people behind our (myself and the owner, the two existing admins) backs asking them to start trouble by registering several accounts and spamming the hell out of the forums when neither of us were online... and when we came back on, there he was whining about how he could've prevented it if he was an admin. Needless to say, he was demooted straight down to regular member and practically banned by the other members because he would always get ridiculed and thrashed whenever he posted. He caused a lot of controversy every time we had a new moderator election or a logo contest after his demotion but he later cooled down. I don't intend on bringing him back on as staff though.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X