Do you...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1337Devil
    Same here on my current site (see WWW button).

The next edition of my site, KFN 6, will be somewhat different though. Although the entire site will run on the vBulletin-backend, everything will be so integrated that the forums really won't be that big a part of it anymore. They'll only be a way for people to communicate with each other outside of all the features.

Yea, that's like my site.

although (at the moment) i don't like to rely on user input on the actuall site, i've tried that before and it failed like a grandma trying to give a BJ

Comment

You sound as if you speak from experience

*cough* anyway...

I gave my users a public ToDo list, to which they could post their ideas, desires and suggestions for the next version of my site.

Anything that I find feasible and useful is gonna be put in it.

Seems to work fine so far, but not much of actual code development has started because vB3 isn't in RC stage yet..

Comment

Someone opened up a 'Suggestions and Feedback' thread a long time ago.. to get people to post what they wanted. Everyone just wants to see GCNForums v3 with the new style, vB 3.0.0 and all those goodies.

As for the site, I think because of my domain, I won't put a site on there.. Maybe I'll put a portal on there when 3.0.0 comes out gold though.

Comment

I suppose it depends what your theme is, but I've always thought it was essential to have a main site before you could even think about installing forums. You need a focus which will draw people in and wet their appetite for discussion first. I don't think my site would have worked if I'd set up an empty forum and then said, "here you go, now you create the content". Like others have said, sometimes the content is posted in the forum alongside the chat and that is the equivalent of having articles or whatever elsewhere. vB can just be a simpler means of getting the content on the web.

Comment

Well... the thing with me is... We have a site... Its just not on my domain. Its quite confusing actually... I work for GCN (Which does have a site..), and I run their forums. So, GCNForums has content... And seeing as 99% of our members use GCN, their all coming from GCN and know of the site anyway.

Comment

Ah, I see. I visited the main site a moment ago and instantly recognised it. Is someone called Jonathan Curry involved with it?

Comment

I don't believe so... I hope you visited the right website. (www.gcn.cx) Jason Resche is the one who programmed it.

Comment

Yeah, that's the one. I used to have a member by that name (the one I posted I mean) who caused a lot of trouble and he had that site listed in his profile as his home page. He used an @gcn.cx email address too though I know that doesn't mean he's affiliated with it. It's a bizarre story.

Comment

I plan on running Moveable Type or Miraserve as a CMS to vBulletin. Not sure what I want to do yet. It will happen whenever I get my dedicated server though.

http://i.ksilebo.com/ksicom_button.png
                    http://i.ksilebo.com/simpli_button.png

Comment

I just opened my site with my forums yesterday. Well, a section of it anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Stryker
                        Yeah, that's the one. I used to have a member by that name (the one I posted I mean) who caused a lot of trouble and he had that site listed in his profile as his home page. He used an @gcn.cx email address too though I know that doesn't mean he's affiliated with it. It's a bizarre story.
                        Oh, we have a FREE Email service. Anyone can get a @gcn.cx

And, I'd check records for his name... but we have 25,000+ Registered members... A bit hard... LOL. I know hes not Staff though.

Comment

Sites are great with forums but the priority should be Site --> Forum, so your Site becomes popular, and then you make it known that the forums exist on the site, and then people will visit the forum

Comment

Originally posted by Game Wizards
                            Andrew, I'm sorry but I'm not sure if this copyright is legal, it's dark on my monitor and I can't read it 'til I highlight it:

http://www.teenadvicecenter.com/forum/index.php
                            As far as I know, it's legal.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X