X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faruk
    replied
    Originally posted by Lacrosse Boy
    Plus, it has no plot. Whatever happened to the good cartoons that I grew up with as a kid? I used to watch Mickey Mouse, Garfield, Ninja Turtles, etc.

American animation is much better than that anime stuff. Anime has weird hair, eyes, noses, etc. It look stoo rigid. And the animation is not smooth, especially when you compare it to typical animation.
    I'm deviating from my own thread's topic for the sole reason that you're offending me here

Anime has its own style, true, but not so much weird. I find Micky Mouse or Ninja Turtles a lot weirder than people who have sharp pointy hair and big eyes, honestly.

American animation is, however, not better at all if you ask me. There isn't even half as much attention to detail in American stuff, and the only good american cartoons that I know are the Simpsons and Futurama. Both by Matt Groening, who has a great sense of humor, which makes these cartoons good. However, if you look at anime, not only do you have infinitely more to choose from, but there's also much better stuff on the whole.

Anime has become so large that by now, a good anime movie can win Oscars. There are Anime movies I know whose plot is far superior to any REAL movie I've ever seen, whose characters are more humanlike than human actors sometimes put down, and who are more fun than your average blockbuster hit.

Let's face it. You hardly see american cartoons on TV anymore, for anime's success is unstoppable. Whatever American cartoon I see on TV now is directly derived off of an Anime show. Except for the Simpsons.

Oh, and did I mention that many anime shows deal with very complicated real-life issues and psychology? It's adult content (non-pr0n), not just for little kids.

</rant> ^_^

Leave a comment:

• Tolitz
    replied
    Originally posted by Lacrosse Boy
    American animation is much better than that anime stuff. Anime has weird hair, eyes, noses, etc. It look stoo rigid. And the animation is not smooth, especially when you compare it to typical animation.
    Yeah, American animation is generally always better for Americans, even though it really isn't good animation at all

Leave a comment:

• Lacrosse Boy
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke
    You should make an anti-pokemon site.. I would register. My children have made me hate pikachu.
    My little brother used to like that, and Ididn't mind it--he wasn't obsessed with it. He still watches it now and then.

But, he is now obsessed wiht a show called "YUGIOH" or something like that. It is annoying. I saw some of it, and it is anime, and I really do not like anime at all. Plus, it has no plot. Whatever happened to the good cartoons that I grew up with as a kid? I used to watch Mickey Mouse, Garfield, Ninja Turtles, etc.

Well, we've just derailed a thread.

Leave a comment:

• Kwesi
    replied
    You should make an anti-pokemon site.. I would register. My children have made me hate pikachu.
    Oh my dear lord.. did you just say make an ANTI Pokemon site?? goog grief man.. what's wrong with you?? What can make you hate pokemon so much that you'd wana register with an anti pokesite..

ehem.. proud wemaster of Pokecommunity.com

Leave a comment:

• ShiningArcanine
    replied
    That is terrible. You should love pikachu. I do. ^_^

Cagez, if you go to pokedex.net, you can find out.

Leave a comment:

• Cagez
    replied
    LOL

How many pokemon is there now? There's been like a billion series, so I'd think there's around 600 by now.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by ShiningArcanine
    I learned PHP since I wanted to code my pokemon fan site faster. ^_^

Leave a comment:

• ShiningArcanine
    replied
    I learned PHP since I wanted to code my pokemon fan site faster. ^_^

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    You can post in Chit Chat and some others - but not the regular vB2 and vB3 support forums. You'll need to register first.

Leave a comment:

• Cagez
    replied
    Woah, I didn't know the email in my profile wans't there. Thanks for the heads up Steve! (I bet you checked my site for piracy didn't you! )

But I could still post in the support forums

Leave a comment:

• fiNal
    replied
    teached it myself at all, without books or help i just downloaded some small scripts, studied them and copied what i was needing My first SQL-Queries were made by access

my father teached me some quick basic when i was ... about 8 years old. i stopped programming, but i knew the basic stuff (real basic stuff stuff like what an if-command does and so on, how a program works basicly. and style of course, using tabs, comments, and so on).

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Learned PHP in 2000 when a forum I administered switched to it.

Never learned MySQL. Learned SQL in 1993 and I find it works reasonably well with the MySQL database daemon. I learned because it would make me money.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Cagex, don't forget to register for Priority Forum Support so you can get access to the support forums. To do this, please go here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/forums.php

...and enter your email address (the one you used to register on the forums) in one of the boxes. You'll need to have your customer number and password to access that page.

Leave a comment:

• Cagez
    replied
    Reading and doing, 2 years of pure practice has gotten me to where I am now - finally opening a site.

Leave a comment:

• Lacrosse Boy
    replied
    I had started with Ikonboard, and only until February did I start using vBulletin. I made a few personal hacks to IB, and I learned how PERL works in the process of hacking and looking at the code.

I'm getting more familiar with PHP.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X