AvantGo Content Providers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AvantGo Content Providers?

I have had my site registered to be a content provider with AvantGo for the last few years. Shortly after I registered with them to be a content provider, the company reorganized and from what I could tell, started charging content providers $5,000+ to provide content to PDA users with AvantGo accounts.

I say "from what I can tell" because basically, there web site totally sucks and it's one of the most confusing web sites to navigate that I have ever come across.

Even after they started charging content providers (I never received a bill nor any correspondance from them), my account always worked and users have been able to synch my channel.

Recently, I've received reports that my channel synch's, but any link that the user clicks on, returns an error that the page was not found.

Basically, it's like their spiders are not following links deep enough even though I have it properly set in my account.

I am able to log into my account, but I cannot change any of the settings.

Is anyone else here a content provider for AvantGo?

Are there cheaper alternatives than the ridiculous $5,000 price tag they want to charge?
    Rob

SitePoint used to have a channel however I was never involved with the specifics and do not know if it still exists or not. You might want to post over in their forums where more publishers would be able to help you.

As an alternative, you might look into your own custom RSS feed. Not sure what tools are available in PDA format for this though. You would have to search.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
      SitePoint used to have a channel however I was never involved with the specifics and do not know if it still exists or not. You might want to post over in their forums where more publishers would be able to help you.

As an alternative, you might look into your own custom RSS feed. Not sure what tools are available in PDA format for this though. You would have to search.
      Thanks Wayne.
      Rob

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X