To interesting not to post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To interesting not to post

Microsoft is planning to add 'tilt-wheel technology' (TWT) to its popular range of computer mice, the company has announced, in a move which is sure to have significant connotations for hardcore PC gamers.

TWT adds another axis of scrolling to the ubiquitous mouse wheel, allowing users to move left and right by tilting the wheel with their finger, as well as up and down in the traditional manner. It won't be a four-way scroll wheel, but in many respects that's better for PC gamers.

Read More
    MCSE, MVP, CCIE
    Microsoft Beta Team

Originally posted by Asendin

Microsoft is planning to add 'tilt-wheel technology' (TWT) to its popular range of computer mice, the company has announced, in a move which is sure to have significant connotations for hardcore PC gamers.

TWT adds another axis of scrolling to the ubiquitous mouse wheel, allowing users to move left and right by tilting the wheel with their finger, as well as up and down in the traditional manner. It won't be a four-way scroll wheel, but in many respects that's better for PC gamers.

Read More
    Sounds interesting but exactly how big is that thing? It looks to be almost the size of a puppy

Comment

Read More
      Horizontal scrolling from the mouse would be a massive timesaver for me in the cases of boards that have very wide pages or the occasional post that's very long. (Especially when the posts are all in one table)

Comment

Originally posted by N9ne
        Sounds interesting but exactly how big is that thing? It looks to be almost the size of a puppy

That looks like it's just a CG interpretation of the wheel part of the mouse, not the whole thing.

Comment

Read More
          Read this on neowin the other day (IIRC)
          Logitech are complaining about it though, as it removes the "click" when you scroll.

If it does, then that's a BadThing(tm)
          I like the noticeable steps when scrolling with my Intellimouse Explorer 3.0
          My open eyes see everything, and you see nothing. . .
          That forum

Comment

Originally posted by okidoki
            Logitech are complaining about it though, as it removes the "click" when you scroll.

I wore out the noticeable steps on mine, it still scrolls though.

http://i.ksilebo.com/ksicom_button.png
            http://i.ksilebo.com/simpli_button.png

Comment

Originally posted by okidoki

How is it going to remove the "noticable steps" considering it wont remove the little bumpyness behaviour? edit: well, they havent actually said it would

I think itll come in handy, though not for the intended purposes, as games i play are not realistic (ut2k3, TFC, soon to be, hopefully unrealistic, TF2), id probably use them to switch weapons instead, because i use the mousewheel to jump
              Last edited by merk; Tue 12 Aug '03, 3:11am.

Comment

if i bought that the wife would start trying to hoover up with it by the looks of it........

Comment

I'm having trouble imagining this, whats it do? Just the same scroll wheel buts makes it go side to side also?

Comment

this may help

1337 photoshop skills
                    Attached Files
                    Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

Ah, I see... Ginna get me one of those! As long as it doesn't look like a fisher price toy (the yellow reminds me of that).

(very 1337 photoshop skills btw )

Comment

Well you probably wouldn't even see the yellow part, cause it would be inside the mouse

Comment

I think the yellow part is to emphasize the side to side movability

Comment

Originally posted by fury
                            I think the yellow part is to emphasize the side to side movability
                            The yellow part is part of the device.

http://i.ksilebo.com/ksicom_button.png
                            http://i.ksilebo.com/simpli_button.png

Comment

Originally posted by Ksilebo
                              The yellow part is part of the device.
                              But you won't even see the yellow part, so the yellow is irrelevant.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X