• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Debug my forum please :)

Hi all,

I have just set up (not finished adding forums and graphics yet) a V3B5
    forum at my website. http://www.cghelp.com
    I am looking for some traffic to test the functionality of the forums.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am running WinServer 2003
    PHP v4.3.2
    mySQL v4.0.14-nt
    vbulletin V3.0.0 B5

I think I have got it down pat and plan on posting
    a very detailed visual tutorial on how to go about installing
    all 3 on Windows Server 2003 as soon as I get the layout all
    finished up.

Thank you,

ESAD

Oh yeah, I will be in great need of a forum index collapse hack as soon as they become available.
    Last edited by ESAD; Sat 9 Aug '03, 12:18pm.
    www.GigaThreads.com

It might be nice if the colors wern't as harmful to the human eye as it is right now.

Bright orange background with blue, white, light gray, and dark gray content colors? You may need to read a bit on color theory first. The colors, as they stand now, will deter anybody from browsing your site for prolonged periods of time.
    :)

Comment

I know what you mean.

While by no means final, I will be sticking with those colors in some form. v3 is quite a bit more complex to set up styles than previous versions.
      Thanks for the comment tho!
      www.GigaThreads.com

Comment

You could try not breaking the license agreement
        vBulletin.org Moderator
        The Sisters Three Charmed Discussion Forums

Comment

Originally posted by NTLDR
          You could try not breaking the license agreement
          I assume you are referring to the lack of a copyright notice.
          Sig? What sig?

Comment

Originally posted by DarkDelight.net
            I assume you are referring to the lack of a copyright notice.
            Indeed I am.
            vBulletin.org Moderator

Comment

License Agreement

Well I hate to be frank but when the opportunity presents itself who am I not to jump right in the fray?

Well. . . I'll be polite anyway. . .

I bought the non-branded optional license.
              Thank You!

Perhaps a better statement would have been to ask me whether or not I bought it. . .
              www.GigaThreads.com

Comment

Originally posted by DirectPixel
                It might be nice if the colors wern't as harmful to the human eye as it is right now.

Bright orange background with blue, white, light gray, and dark gray content colors? You may need to read a bit on color theory first. The colors, as they stand now, will deter anybody from browsing your site for prolonged periods of time.
                Agree 100%

Comment

If you bought the non-branded version, you may want to try hovering over the vB_bullet.gif icon that is on the left of the top panel as it says that it's powered by vBulletin 3.0.0 beta 5 . It also says it for your adminCP and modCP. But you can legally remove all those now .

Comment

Yeah, I know, but with all there is to do that will have to come at a later date. Besides, it isn't that I care or want to hide the fact that it is vBulletin, I just dont care for the bold copyright notice.
                    www.GigaThreads.com

Comment

Originally posted by ESAD
                      Yeah, I know, but with all there is to do that will have to come at a later date. Besides, it isn't that I care or want to hide the fact that it is vBulletin, I just dont care for the bold copyright notice.
                      Well personally I don't think that's a good basis to pay so much extra money for. The copyright can be styled into your forum's layout easily and it's quite discreet, and sometimes it looks good to have, as a space filler, say in a footer table.

Comment

You could also sign up for the affiliate programme and link to it off the copyright.
                        Sig? What sig?

Comment

Originally posted by ESAD
                          I bought the non-branded optional license.
                          Thank You!
                          Please accept my apologies.
                          vBulletin.org Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by NTLDR
                            Please accept my apologies.
                            That's the difference between you and I.
                            You'll admit when you've jumped the gun and I'll shoot first, not bother to ask questions, and sit here argueing my point 'till I'm blue in the face even when It's clear I'm shooting myself in the foot.
                            So, I'm in a hole. Do I keep digging or back off, apologise and beg for ladder.

Well, I'm big enough to accept I can sometimes, on rare occasions, not exactly be entirely in the right.

Now, where's my shovel?
                            Sig? What sig?

Comment

Originally posted by DarkDelight.net
                              That's the difference between you and I.
                              You'll admit when you've jumped the gun and I'll shoot first, not bother to ask questions, and sit here argueing my point 'till I'm blue in the face even when It's clear I'm shooting myself in the foot.
                              So, I'm in a hole. Do I keep digging or back off, apologise and beg for ladder.

Well, I'm big enough to accept I can sometimes, on rare occasions, not exactly be entirely in the right.

Now, where's my shovel?
                              So you like digging your own grave, digging yourself a hole, and jumping down places where there's no way back up? .

It's not too hard to admit when you're wrong, just get used to it, the best way to start is to annoy people silly apologizing for something you didn't do

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X