No announcement yet.

Teckwizards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The web address is cPublisher.com (Content Publisher) and it's registered.
    Floren Munteanu
    Axivo Inc.
    Axivo Searchlight - Turbocharge your web site

Comment

An example of the installer prototype...
      Last edited by TECK; Sun 12 Oct '03, 12:22am.
      Floren Munteanu
      Axivo Inc.

Comment

looks good so far teck

Comment

Originally posted by okidoki
          I sure hope the domain wasn't regged by some cyber squatter then..
          Domain Name: CPUBLISH.COM
          Created on: 17-AUG-03
          Expires on: 17-AUG-04
          No, no cybersquatter. Just moi.. and I don't have any agenda against TECK, this was just an honest misunderstanding.

I had no idea there was a product named cPublish (or any variation of it), anywhere.

I wish I'd seen this thread before I registered the domain. I had the name in mind for about a week before I registered it (about 2-3 weeks into development of the system) but I did not realize there was another product that was supposed to have this domain name.

I did several google searches with different variations of the name, cpublish, c-publish, c: publish (without the space in the : p) etc, but did not come across any products labelled as cpublish or any note that a domain 'cpublish.com' was supposed to be registered or have been registered (at least, not in the past 7 years)

I'm talking it over with TECK now, hoping to come to an agreement so that we both get what we want (he makes his product great, and I save my ass from becoming known for dirty tricks. I prefer to save my dirty tricks for the bedroom )

Comment

I have been talking with fury and another user several times about their backend, and they told me they had an idea for the name, but were investigating if the domain was free for registration or that they needed an alternative.

Chen contacted me on IRC saying it was a low shot, and asked me for some info. At that point I didn't know TECK had a name for his site. For all I knew, he kept it a secret. If he already knew about what he wanted, he should have registered the domain back then. Just like fury did now with his idea.

I think this is just dumb luck and has nothing to do with domain stealing.

I am sure they can work things out.

Comment

Originally posted by xiphoid
              I have been talking with fury and another user several times about their backend, and they told me they had an idea for the name, but were investigating if the domain was free for registration or that they needed an alternative.

Chen contacted me on IRC saying it was a low shot, and asked me for some info. At that point I didn't know TECK had a name for his site. For all I knew, he kept it a secret. If he already knew about what he wanted, he should have registered the domain back then. Just like fury did now with his idea.

I think this is just dumb luck and has nothing to do with domain stealing.

I am sure they can work things out.
              We did

Basically I'll just rename my product and let the domain expire (but in the mean time I'll put up a link to cPublisher.com).

Comment

Originally posted by fury
                We did

Basically I'll just rename my product and let the domain expire (but in the mean time I'll put up a link to cPublisher.com).
                Why not let him buy it off you (not at a profit as you don't seem to be worrid about that) ?

I recently bought a new domain, and I was always a bit afraid someone would register it before i got to it.
                My Sites :

Comment

I went to http://localhost/cpublisher/install/index.php?step=1 and nothing was there! I'm just kidding... it was there. Ha!

I look forward to your release of this product. I hope it comes with some sort of downloads gallery. From what I hear this is going to be almost like a total package solution.
                  eqinterface.com | eq2interface.com | wowinterface.com
                  vginterface.com | goBerserker.com
                  7 Full vBulletin Lic.

Comment

Whenever I go to anything with http://localhost/ in it, I always get forwarded to http://www.localhost.net.au/ o_O
                    "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
                    "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
                    Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

Well, I was thinking between cPublish and cPublisher... all related to content publishing.
                      cPublisher used to be a very popular computer related site... so when I saw that cPublish.com was registered... I said, well, is ok...

Originally posted by fury
                      We did

I want to thank fury for renaming his product, even if I never request it from him, he took this decission on his own:
                      Originally posted by TECK
                      Is a good idea... to post. People will know exacly what is the story...
                      For the domain, you can keep it... I like the one is registered now (cpublisher.com)... and it's registered for 2 years also.

Regards,
                      Floren.
                      Floren Munteanu
                      Axivo Inc.

Comment

Dang. Not there when I tried to take a peek.

Comment

Originally posted by TitanJeff
                          Dang. Not there when I tried to take a peek.
                          It is there. You need to be logged in to vB.org (and most likely, you need to be recognized as a licensed user) to view the attachment.
                          - AJ Zmudosky

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Z
                            It is there. You need to be logged in to vB.org (and most likely, you need to be recognized as a licensed user) to view the attachment.
                            I see. I let the license expire a couple of months back. Gonna renew when I'm ready to make the switchover. Meanwhile, I lurk.

I'll keep checking cPublisher.com for activity. It sounds perfect for my needs.

Comment

Well, I can't wait!

Are you waiting till vB goes Gold before you release it?

Comment

TECK, I just gotta say its looking great. Your program looks so good that I have decided to just wait until vB3 to get vB3, cPublisher, vBMS, and possibly Photopost. Thanks Teck for your dedication! So far your past scripts have looked really clean and functional. I will have no problem paying any reasonable price for something I know you have taken a lot of pride in writing

Regards,
                                Patrick

PS: Love the graphics too
                                Last edited by paddysplace; Thu 23 Oct '03, 3:24pm.
                                Patrick Paul

"Better to stay quiet and have others think you're a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X