• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overloading someone's CPU is also a dos attack
    DoS = Denial of Service.
    * Hogging every bit of someone's available bandwidth = denial of service
    * Hogging all resources of a server = denial of service
    My open eyes see everything, and you see nothing. . .
    That forum

Comment

• Originally posted by okidoki
      10GB connection?
      ya right.
      about a year ago, we were Telia Sweden's (Telia Net - google for it if you haven't heard about them ) biggest customer.
      We had a one giga*bit* connection (well, 4 of them over 4 physical locations ).

Talking about 10GB is just *stupid*.
      Unless my maths are off, you're talking about a connection near 84000 megabit per second.

Have a look at rackshack's network usage: http://rackshack.net/english/aboutus/networks.asp
      They're a *really* big host.. and there's no 10GB listed

I'd say the best way to comment on your post is "no", but thanks for trying
      Maybe he ment a 10MB conection or something. But you know, there is a 14.1Terabyte conection speed line. There are faster then 1GB lines out there, there is a page listing all of them, with links to their developers, so dont say its stupid.

Edit: http://home.cfl.rr.com/eaa/ConnectSpeed.htm thats not the one I knew, I cant seem to find that one. This page shows you all connection speeds and stuff, the other page I knew listed all network/internet connection speed, with links to creator's sites. I cant seem to find it again tho.
      Last edited by Mijae; Sat 9th Aug '03, 9:49am.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mijae
        Maybe he ment a 10MB conection or something. But you know, there is a 14.1Terabyte conection speed line. There are faster then 1GB lines out there, there is a page listing all of them, with links to their developers, so dont say its stupid.

Edit: http://home.cfl.rr.com/eaa/ConnectSpeed.htm thats not the one I knew, I cant seem to find that one. This page shows you all connection speeds and stuff, the other page I knew listed all network/internet connection speed, with links to creator's sites. I cant seem to find it again tho.
        Actually, I would argue that saying "because jelsoft are hosted by a company,
        they have a 10GB pipe" is stupid
        but that's just me :P
        Besides, the actual pipe doesn't mean **** if the rest of the equipment can't provide the same speeds, and I'm almost willing to bet that the amount of servers directly connected to 84000Mbps lines can be counted on less than one finger

[edit]
        Just to reference your ConnectSpeed page..
        You do realize that he would be saying jelsoft have access to *above TAT-14*? [/edit]
        That forum

Comment

• Yes, you are right on that part :P

Comment

• Rackshack has quite a few lines that would possibly add up to 10Gb, though?

Im not an expert on issues like that. Anyway off to find something to eat..

Comment

• RS network usage:

http://www.rackshack.net/english/aboutus/networks.asp

..so, they must have pretty big lines..

Comment

• According to that page, rackshack has
                12x 1Gbps
                1x 155Mbps
                1x 44Mbps
                That forum

Comment

• Originally posted by okidoki
                  According to that page, rackshack has
                  12x 1Gbps
                  1x 155Mbps
                  1x 44Mbps
                  That sounds about right.

Comment

• the DoSers are just pissed off because they think everything should be free, well guess what, you get what you pay for, that's why vBulletin is the best forum solution and phpBB2.2 is just trying to copy it

Comment

• Originally posted by webdesigner
                      the DoSers are just pissed off because they think everything should be free, well guess what, you get what you pay for, that's why vBulletin is the best forum solution and phpBB2.2 is just trying to copy it
                      Don't worry, once vBulletin 3 hits final, the other forums get washed away

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X