Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CeleronXT
    replied
    So does anyone have any idea yet of wth happened?

Leave a comment:

• N9ne
    replied
    I'm my own host with my own box so please more people come and break my online record which is now well over 2000!

Now if only all these were to sign up

My server's handling this too well though, I suppose it could handle another 10000?

Leave a comment:

• bahawolf
    replied
    Originally posted by pablo
    you might want to fix that on your forums bahawolf.
    Fix what? Ah, the amount of posts? Guest can not post... so thats just my members and such. (Who knows...) The forums are currently disabled as requested by my host.

Leave a comment:

• N9ne
    replied
    YAYYYYYYYY I got DoS attacked! My server is flying though, super-fast right now (w/ beta5)

Attached is a nice online record . What would happen if they attacked automotiveforums.com? Online record of 7 million?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• poolking
    replied
    Also prevent guests from posting.

Leave a comment:

• pablo
    replied
    Originally posted by bahawolf
    Ok.. nevermind. They were going down, but their coming in for a 2nd hit. Its the eye of the storm!
    There have been made 1,764 Posts in 289 Threads
    you might want to fix that on your forums bahawolf.

Leave a comment:

• bahawolf
    replied
    Ok.. nevermind. They were going down, but their coming in for a 2nd hit. Its the eye of the storm!

Leave a comment:

• bahawolf
    replied
    Woot... my forums broke the record of 46 to like 2000+... lol. Anyway, their leaving now.

Leave a comment:

• bahawolf
    replied
    Its not fun... lol.

Leave a comment:

• N9ne
    replied
    Originally posted by bahawolf
    Ok, now Im getting attacked:
    Since you're getting attacked surely it's fair that I be attacked at the same time?

Leave a comment:

• bahawolf
    replied
    Ok, now Im getting attacked:
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• N9ne
    replied
    I still haven't been attacked

Leave a comment:

• Faruk
    replied
    Originally posted by Kier
    Yes, had this forum been running vB2, which runs bbcodeparse on each post without any cacheing, I'm pretty sure this server would have died dramatically...
    So what about running vB3 without precaching all the posts (to keep the database a lot smaller) ?

Leave a comment:

• Faruk
    replied
    Depends on your vB settings, of course. You can stop letting new connections in easily, so by then it's no longer the vB that can't handle it, it'll be the Server that can't handle it (if it actually dies to begin with).

Leave a comment:

• bahawolf
    replied
    Well, my forums were never attacked.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X