• Show
Clear All

Dude.... do some research....

Originally Posted by Dalius
    Wow, that's pretty crazy.

BTW, My IP is http://localhost

But Don't tell anyone.
    Originally posted by Beorn
    I get cannot find server ....dude I think your machine is screwed up...or maybe it was DOS'd? !!
    ROTFL

Dude do some research...
    Please ReadThe****ingManual

Comment

Originally posted by Duke of Lions
      ROTFL

Dude do some research...
      You do know he's kidding, right..?
      "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
      "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
      Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

Originally posted by Duke of Lions
        ROTFL

Dude do some research...
        Originally posted by CeleronXT
        You do know he's kidding, right..?
        That only makes it funnier

Comment

Well this is a bit suspicious. o_o
          Attached Files
          "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
          "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
          Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

This isn't fair! I was so close to beating my forum's online record earlier today and if all this happened to my forum I would've topped it completely but nooo no one will DDoS me lol. I'm sure my P4 2.4GHz w/ 1GB RAM could've handled it..bring it on

[notices that a link to my forum is nowhere to be found o_O]

http://www.xflarenetwork.com/forum Might aswell post a link to it so I can get a nice online record, if this happens again

Comment

Yay, distributed DoS attacks on vB's I just wanted to make sure my links got in here too

Comment

Originally posted by tgillespie
                :thinking:

/me goes and creates a Rubiks Cube thread on my forums
                just what i thought the moment i saw this

Comment

I got one!! Max users online is 1318

Comment

Why make your server go through a DDOS attack to get a high number? Just run a SQL query and you will get whatever number you want. But why bother spoofing it in the first place?

Comment

There is a difference in a dDoS attack and the one described here.

You wouldn't be so happy with a real dDoS attack though. No vBulletin software could hanlde that; obviously.

Comment

Well, my forums were never attacked.

Comment

Depends on your vB settings, of course. You can stop letting new connections in easily, so by then it's no longer the vB that can't handle it, it'll be the Server that can't handle it (if it actually dies to begin with).

Comment

Originally posted by Kier
                            Yes, had this forum been running vB2, which runs bbcodeparse on each post without any cacheing, I'm pretty sure this server would have died dramatically...
                            So what about running vB3 without precaching all the posts (to keep the database a lot smaller) ?

Comment

I still haven't been attacked

Comment

Ok, now Im getting attacked:
                                Attached Files

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X