No announcement yet.

The European heat wave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Run for your lives, Planet X is coming!!
    You're my Prince of Peace
    And I will live my life for You

Comment

In Scotland the Heat is unbearable, we always have cooler temps than the south so we aint suited to these sudden increases. I did find a place today to chill out for 30 mins at 4C - 34M down in the Firth of Clyde LOL

Comment

That's the thing that's stupid. When it's cold we complain that it's never hot here and they wish it would be sunny just one day.

When it's hot, we complain that it's too hot and we should have days that are cooler. You can't win.

Stupid British people.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSSJ3
          We can't just tell our body to get used to it. If the heatwave goes on the power will be nationally cut in the nl since we aren't prepared for lengthy heat waves. We're running out of cooling water and due to enviremont regulations electricity companies can't dump used water into lakes (no ****in idea why ).

The point is, we aren't used to it, and we never will get used to it. There are patients here (MS-patients) that are close to death cause of the heatwave.
          Oh but you can get use to it, and you will probably have to. Everyone near the equator can handle it, so I'm sure your country can make adaptations to handle it. It may require a little sacrifice of self comfort, thats all
          Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

did you notice how BLACK the people are near the equator, that's so people can resist the heat better. I'm white as hell (it's in the family). So I really HATE that heat
            A bullet may have your name on it, but shrapnel is addressed "to whom it may concern"

Comment

did you notice how BLACK the people are near the equator, that's so people can resist the heat better. I'm white as hell (it's in the family). So I really HATE that heat
              If I'm not mistaken, the color white is more prone to heat than black. When I wear black cloths, I am generally hotter than if I were to wear white.
              Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

Eh, no. You're only looking at Africa. The equator goes all around the world, did you know? There are Europeans in Africa and they're still as white as snow. Skin color comes through a pigment in the skin, and that's decided by genetics. You can develop a strong tan, but you can't turn black from the sun alone.

Comment

Originally posted by tgillespie
                  Then you had better find a way to tolerate it, cause the world just keeps getting hotter and hotter. Fookin Ozone.
                  iirc the ozone layer is repairing itself the hole isnt as big as it was...

Comment

87 here in Hilo,Hawaii. Feels great I got a sunburn today, so I'm all red

Comment

It's not a matter of getting used to it; since the humidity is around 95% the sweat on your body hardly evaporates. Thus you don't cool down, start sweating more and eventually get overheated and need medical treatment. Even animals in the Netherlands are dropping dead because of the heat (think squirrels falling out of trees)...

Comment

Originally posted by stanmxl
                        Eh, no. You're only looking at Africa. The equator goes all around the world, did you know? There are Europeans in Africa and they're still as white as snow. Skin color comes through a pigment in the skin, and that's decided by genetics. You can develop a strong tan, but you can't turn black from the sun alone.
                        that's what I meant :\.

OK, so my arguements aren't good. So I'll shut up now
                        A bullet may have your name on it, but shrapnel is addressed "to whom it may concern"

Comment

From a normal summer temp in which your body isn't feelling like soaked to the edges, and your lungs aren't usually feeling pressure and people with breathing problems usually dont' have much complaints due to the smog and temperature of the air, to just all that, is a radical change, especially if it just continues through the night and that for a few weeks.

I know, it isn't like Iraq had yesterday (51 degrees!) but for us little european people - it is hot.

The CPU of my PC is in the winter 20 degrees for my p4 and in the summer near 30, but it is 42 now, just because it can't seem to find cold air to cool it with. I had to turn on a fan in the front to get a proper circulation going.

Comment

mine is edging around 52 C a lot, and I have 7 fans in my case.

Can you tell that my room is generally 35 degrees without proper airflow?

oh, and quite likely there's a lack of cooling paste between the heatsink and cpu

Comment

Originally posted by Chen
                              It's really funny that the Brits are getting excited over temperatures of 36-37 Celsius, considering that in Israel the temperature in the north of Israel is constantly over 38 and about 40 in the south. I wish for 36-37...
                              You have to remember that most of northern Europe is a predominantly cold climate, and temperatures of this kind are very much the exception to the rule, so people are completely unprepared for it.

How many people in Israel do you know whose houses don't have air conditioning of some sort? Because I don't know of a single house around here with aircon...

Comment

I thought you'd be well prepared down there in sunny Reading Kier
                                Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

Working...
                                X