X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just FYI

I've now changed the light bulb.
    Chen Avinadav
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Originally posted by Chen
    Why? Couldn't you see in the dark?

Comment

Is there a difference? O_o
      "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
      "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
      Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

you scared of the dark or sumit?

Comment

Originally posted by Chen
          I had a similar experience changing a lightbulb (it's really ONE word, you know) that I thought I'd share.

See, it was back in ought-two, I was sittin' back, minding my own business, when I decided it was time to go to the kitchen and get me a sandwich. So I got up from my chair and walked over to the kitchen, casually flicking the light switch as I entered. Pop! A bright blue flash of light, and then darkness. I stood there for a second in the unexpected darkness as my brain pieced together what had just happened. The thought occurred to me: I bet the lightbulb needs changin'.

Now, I've changed a few lightbulbs in my time, but I tell you, nothing adds to the challenge of changing a lightbulb like having the socket just out of your reach. You may know what I'm talking about -- it isn't high enough to warrant the use of a ladder or step-stool, but it isn't low enough to be changed comfortably. I'm a tall fellow myself, but darn it if all my ceilings aren't well over 9 feet too.

So I went to the closet to grab a replacement lightbulb. I was glad I'd stocked up on the screw types -- I find they hold in place far better than the bayonnet variety, and besides, Home Depot always seems to have the best prices on my Phillips, which I find far superior to Sylvania or any other brand. I dragged a chair from the dining room into the kitchen. I stepped up on that chair and got my balance before I started to unscrew the spent lightbulb -- and just as a side note, I'd really caution anyone to be very careful when doing this, because I've had the experience of falling over while performing this task, and I tells ya, it ain't pretty. Spent lightbulb: unscrewed. I toss it onto the carpet. I grab the fresh lightbulb and screw it in.

Voila. Light.
          iComix :: web comics

Report Post | IP: Logged

Comment

Originally posted by bigmattyh
            I had a similar experience changing a lightbulb (it's really ONE word, you know) that I thought I'd share.

See, it was back in ought-two, I was sittin' back, minding my own business, when I decided it was time to go to the kitchen and get me a sandwich. So I got up from my chair and walked over to the kitchen, casually flicking the light switch as I entered. Pop! A bright blue flash of light, and then darkness. I stood there for a second in the unexpected darkness as my brain pieced together what had just happened. The thought occurred to me: I bet the lightbulb needs changin'.

Now, I've changed a few lightbulbs in my time, but I tell you, nothing adds to the challenge of changing a lightbulb like having the socket just out of your reach. You may know what I'm talking about -- it isn't high enough to warrant the use of a ladder or step-stool, but it isn't low enough to be changed comfortably. I'm a tall fellow myself, but darn it if all my ceilings aren't well over 9 feet too.

So I went to the closet to grab a replacement lightbulb. I was glad I'd stocked up on the screw types -- I find they hold in place far better than the bayonnet variety, and besides, Home Depot always seems to have the best prices on my Phillips, which I find far superior to Sylvania or any other brand. I dragged a chair from the dining room into the kitchen. I stepped up on that chair and got my balance before I started to unscrew the spent lightbulb -- and just as a side note, I'd really caution anyone to be very careful when doing this, because I've had the experience of falling over while performing this task, and I tells ya, it ain't pretty. Spent lightbulb: unscrewed. I toss it onto the carpet. I grab the fresh lightbulb and screw it in.

Voila. Light.
            Me too.
            :)

Comment

You're a frikkin' genius, my man!

Comment

changed it to what ? a brick or something

Comment

Wow bigmattyh, never have I seen such a long discussion about a lightbulb .

Ever touched a hot lightbulb? I have I only did it so I could say I did it and you know? To see if it's hot and all.

I hate lightbulbs though, I'm just gonna live on solar light from now on as my lightbulbs (I have 4 in my room - one of those funny lights where there's 4 bulbs ) and one blows out every 2 weeks.

Comment

@ N9ne use energy saving ones they hardly ever blow and you'll be helping the environment

Comment

Originally posted by Liquid-Host.net
                      @ N9ne use energy saving ones they hardly ever blow and you'll be helping the environment
                      It's ok, if I use Solar Power i'll be helping the environment even more

Comment

Or you can help the environment AND the department of nuclear energy if you simply give yourself an overdose of Uranium and have yourself glow orange.
                        :)

Comment

Originally posted by DirectPixel
                          Or you can help the environment AND the department of nuclear energy if you simply give yourself an overdose of Uranium and have yourself glow orange.
                          I'm glowing orange anyway with this heat

Comment

Hey! If you hold a lightbulb by the actual bulb loosely with your finger tips, and aim the metal part directly towards the ground, it won't break when you drop it! LOL!!1!
                            http://www.arsegaming.com/dice/index.php/stuff.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by bigmattyh

Voila. Light.

Awww! And waxed eloquently I might add.
                              Fan Club member for VBulletin Dev and Support Team ;)

Hysterectomy - GirlsGetGoing.com - Fabulous Fifty

I'm frequently asked about the skin designer for my forums. ForumSkin.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X