This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X-Box modifications

Anybody know of any good links for legal X-Box modifications? I do not want any mod that (1) breaks my ability to painlessly play games or (2) involves Linux.

Stuff involving the network connection but without an X-Box Live subscription would be especially interesting.
    --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
    Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
    vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Is there any "legal" xbox modifications? =)
    Its legal to buy a modchip, but then it has to come without a bios cracked bios because they are illegal. Therefor many modchips come with an preflashed linuxbios that are legal.

I bought a homebrew chip, as they are as good as Xecuter or any other modchip, because all the modchip does is to override the old bios, and all the hot features are in the bios and not the chip.

Mine was preflashed with a linux-bios (legal), then i reflashed it with rainchoat to another bios.

The two intresting bioses is Xecuter or EvolutionX bioses, they are pretty much the same. Then you want to install the EvolutionX dashboard (OS).

The bios+dashboard lets you do pretty much with you box. For instance you can FTP into the xbox, upload programs etc. You can run any programs, for instance Xbox Media Player that can play almoust any codecs (xvid, divx, mpeg, ac3, ogg, subtitles) and also if its connected to the web it can fetch info from IMDB, and other stuff.

You can also play over the internet if you are using XBConnect. You run XBConnect on your PC in the same network as the xbox. It has chatrooms and when you find a game you simply join it. It then tricks your xbox that you are connected to those players over LAN, but you are really connected over WAN (Internet). It works with any game supporting Network(LAN) games.

Well if you have more questions, just ask! =)

Comment

XBConnect looks very interesting...you can use it with just a stock X-Box and play, for example, Halo, over the Internet? Way cool

Comment

Originally posted by filburt1
        XBConnect looks very interesting...you can use it with just a stock X-Box and play, for example, Halo, over the Internet? Way cool
        Yup it works good too.

But if you put anything inside your Xbox it's illegal and you wont be able to play on Live.

Comment

Originally posted by ogden2k
          Yup it works good too.

But if you put anything inside your Xbox it's illegal and you wont be able to play on Live.
          I really don't want to tear the thing apart, anyway, especially given that it's only one day old

Comment

Originally posted by ogden2k
            Yup it works good too.

As long as you turn the modchip off, and use the MS dashboard when playing on Live, it'll work fine.

Have you heard of RelaX technology for the xbox? Basically it lets you map a drive over the network, so you can access the files on your PC from your xbox. It's pretty handy, especially if you don't want to fill up the HD on your xbox.

IMO if you actually want to do anything on your xbox, you should change the dashboard to EvoX (evolution x)
            Last edited by Vile; Thu 7 Aug '03, 10:26am.
            Webmaster / Administrator
            www.MegaGames.com
            www.MGForums.com

Comment

This is very much a legal grey area and as such I'm going to close this thread.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X