No announcement yet.

Are here any women/girls present?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Then make it attractive to the females you want visiting. Now i'm not saying make it attractive to Page 3 girls, but dont have a male dominated site/forum where girls are almost afraid to post.

I've a forum and site on a male dominated hobby. For months I only browsed it (under a neutral name) when it belonged to someone else and eventually I signed up under my current user name there and started posting. Once one girl starts posting, others will usually follow.

I'm now the owner of that forum and site, and even though 85% of my members are male, the female membership is steadily growing.
    TopDog

Comment

My site is a nutral theme and topic. Maybe girls arent into comupters that much,,,

Comment

I'm female, into computers, and not masculine.

Comment

I'm female and not masculine. My avatar might suggest a macho image to some, but that's a stereotype and has nothing to do with reality.

Comment

femme here...

x

Comment

Originally posted by stanmxl
              Are these masculine girls, though?

I read a study once which stated that 99% of all Linux programmers were male.
              Because someone owns a vBulletin they are a linux programmer?

Where does this leap of faith come from? Most of our customers, I would hazard a guess that 90% of our customers do not change vBulletin but run it "out of the box" and therefore they wouldn't necessarily be programmers.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
              Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Beth
                I've played a sport most of you didnt hear of (when I was in school).
                What sport was that then?

All the girls' school sports I can think of are Lacrosse, badminton, croquet, volleyball, netball, egging the principal's car... perhaps I've said too much. :shifty:
                Last edited by DarkDelight.net; Sat 9th Aug '03, 10:36am.
                Sig? What sig?

Comment

Originally posted by DarkDelight.net

All the girls' school sports I can think of are Lacrosse, badminton, croquet, netball, egging the principal's car... perhaps I've said too much. :shifty:
                  Sheesh when I was in high school the girls sports were the same as the guys sports. We didn't have anything like you mentioned at our school...

Instead we had Football (american), Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Volleyball, Swimming, Track & Field, Wrestling, Softball, Skiing, Cheerleading and Boxing as our competitive sports.
                  Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                  The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                  vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                  Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                    Because someone owns a vBulletin they are a linux programmer?

Where does this leap of faith come from? Most of our customers, I would hazard a guess that 90% of our customers do not change vBulletin but run it "out of the box" and therefore they wouldn't necessarily be programmers.
                    Heh, right, most of them probably aren't even scripters, let alone programmers.
                    "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
                    "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
                    Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

Originally posted by DarkDelight.net

All the girls' school sports I can think of are Lacrosse, badminton, croquet, volleyball, netball, egging the principal's car... perhaps I've said too much. :shifty:
                      Have you ever heard of Hurling? The female version is Camogie. Half the guys in the clubs wouldn't play charity games (guys against girls) because the girls side of the sport was very rough

Have a search through the Web to see what its like
                      TopDog

Comment

Originally posted by rockergrrl
                        But I could probably out bench press half the guys in here (don't get in my way )

OK.....Bring it on...LOL!!

Cheers Rocker...Glad to see a Lady with spunk..

Comment

my friend allison and i run a vB powered website and i know shes a girl i should get her to post her some time soon

Comment

Originally posted by MagnumOne
                            OK.....Bring it on...LOL!!
                            Cheers Rocker...Glad to see a Lady with spunk..
                            Well in high school I use to be able to bench well over my weight (210lbs). Leg press 340lbs. Squat 200lbs.

And then on top of practicing 6 out of 7 days a week (Basketball, Volleyball, and Softball), I lifted weights everyday, and ran at least 3 miles a day -- even in the cold (Michigan cold - not Florida (is there such a thing? lol) - ran when it was in the single digits).

But I know I couldn't bench 210lbs anymore... kids came, and everything went kapoot. But when I was 7 months pregnant with my now 3 year old, I got in a fight with the neighbor lady (her fault), and I slugged her one...and cracked her head open (skin - not skull).

So yeah... I have spunk...

Comment

Originally posted by rockergrrl
                              So yeah... I have spunk...

LOL!!.....Cheers Rocker....

Comment

This is the internet. You can be anything you want

Ms Redbox

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X