Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we get an new pics of the vB3 style?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chris Stewart
    Kinda weird to spend time making two different styles for the same product. :dunno:
    As you can see in the beta of vB3, they already did that anyway: 3 different styles for the Control Panel alone, albeit one was derived off the existing vB2 style.

Next to that, the vB2:site and vB2:controlpanel styles were not identical either.

Another thing is: putting out screenshots and what not might get the style ripped by someone, and then it'd be ripped before it was actually released. Not handy, that.

Comment

Originally posted by Ksilebo
      It would be nice if someone could port the silver control panel theme for the actual board.
      A couple people did. Just search the forums for them.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

I'm just asking a question on a subject that hasn't been discussed in awhile. Having been in development myself for awhile, I find it interesting a conceptual look and feel was never thought of/planned out. That's like not having a database schema planned before starting an ecommerce site.
        It actually has been discussed in the proper forums relating to vB3 and we have always stated that it wouldn't be shown to the public until at least the first Release Candidate.

This doesn't mean that there has been no thinking of how to implement the style nor does it mean that there is no conceptual artwork. It does mean that there is nothing suitable for public viewing.

Wayne Luke
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
          It actually has been discussed in the proper forums relating to vB3 and we have always stated that it wouldn't be shown to the public until at least the first Release Candidate..
          Since I'm not a Jelsoft customer, I can't post in some forums specific to vB3. It doesn't make much sense for me to hang out in those forums. So I guess I've missed these discussions.

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
          This doesn't mean that there has been no thinking of how to implement the style nor does it mean that there is no conceptual artwork. It does mean that there is nothing suitable for public viewing.
          What you said was that no pics of the style existed. Of course you had to be smart about it, but you basically tried to make that point. That said, it would be nice to get some sort of peek like we did with the admin panel months ago. It just seems like something you guys would do since you've left people waiting for vB3 for the better part of a year. :dunno:
          Console Racing Review

Comment

I don't see how saying the style doesn't exist, therefore there cannot be any pics of it, is being smart.

Comment

Since I'm not a Jelsoft customer, I can't post in some forums specific to vB3. It doesn't make much sense for me to hang out in those forums. So I guess I've missed these discussions.

What you said was that no pics of the style existed. Of course you had to be smart about it, but you basically tried to make that point. That said, it would be nice to get some sort of peek like we did with the admin panel months ago. It just seems like something you guys would do since you've left people waiting for vB3 for the better part of a year. :dunno:
              You don't know for sure that Wayne was being smart about it. Maybe you just read posts with a negative view :dunno:

The staff don't need to release sneak peeks anyway. It's up to them, when and what they wish to show. Just be patient and you'll eventually get to see.

Like so many other members, I'm sick and tired of people complaining about this and that. It'll be released when it's good and ready and not any sooner. Deal with it !!

Comment

Originally posted by Dalius
                I don't see how saying the style doesn't exist, therefore there cannot be any pics of it, is being smart.
                There are some people out there who make inappropriate remarks when the answer they are given is not the answer they wanted to hear.

Comment

Originally posted by poolking
                  There are some people out there who make inappropriate remarks when the answer they are given is not the answer they wanted to hear.
                  Believe it or not, there are people in the world that actually interpret things differently. I personally saw his comment as a smart remark. Why couldn't he have said "We have none to show"?
                  Console Racing Review

Comment

Believe it or not, there are people in the world that actually interpret things differently. I personally saw his comment as a smart remark. Why couldn't he have said "We have none to show"?
                    Maybe it's the way of tongue, or the way people speak. I for one did not think he was being sarcastic or "smart."

Maybe a response such as "we have none to show" would give someone else the impression that he was being "mean" or stubborn?
                    Point is people speak differently, and people interpret things differently. (Like you said)
                    Webmaster / Administrator
                    www.MegaGames.com
                    www.MGForums.com

Comment

Originally posted by Vile
                      Maybe a response such as "we have none to show" would give someone else the impression that he was being "mean" or stubborn?
                      Point is people speak differently, and people interpret things differently. (Like you said)
                      Exactly. That's why I don't understand why I'm getting so much crap from people about it. :dunno:
                      Console Racing Review

Comment

I think I am going to close this as it isn't going to go anywhere.

Chris, I am sorry if the answer sounded like a flippant and smartassed comment.

Wayne Luke
                        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X