Blogging Systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kings
    Ah, I see what you mean. MT is pretty powerful then. Might have to try that out some time...

(One question, if my host supports PHP, does it then also support Perl?)
    Not in all cases. You could either ask them or use a script to tell you if perl is installed, and where.
    Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

You know what I wanna do?

Get a free message board (I'm thinking Invision here), apply the portal hack and use the portal page as the blog page, with each new thread as an entry in the news section, and people logging in to post comments.

I wonder whether you could pull something off for custom blogs using access masks?

Also if you have a dedicated server check out Livejournal. You need to be able to install perl modules for this, the tool is designed set up an entire blogging community.
      Matt
      Avatar Generator - The ultimate avatar and banner generation tool. It's a Google Image search mashup.
      Christian Gaming - A forum for Christians who like video games.

Comment

Originally posted by djnoz
        You know what I wanna do?

Get a free message board (I'm thinking Invision here), apply the portal hack and use the portal page as the blog page, with each new thread as an entry in the news section, and people logging in to post comments.

I wonder whether you could pull something off for custom blogs using access masks?

Also if you have a dedicated server check out Livejournal. You need to be able to install perl modules for this, the tool is designed set up an entire blogging community.
        Why spend all that time customizing a forum when MovableType does everything you need for you?

It has a template system, it has the ability to publish to static pages, it has an IP banning system, and it has a very robust comment system, and it supports trackbacks as well.
        :)

Comment

And it's free to boot.

Comment

I added a new entry to the blog but it doesn't appear when I go to the link, it only has the first entry. Anybody know how to fix this?

Comment

did you set the publishing status from "Draft" to "Publish"?
              :)

Comment

I thought I did, but when I went back and checked it it said it was in draft. Weird. Thanks.

Comment