This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a good ftp server for windows

What is a good ftp server for windows? I need to transfer some files from windows desktop to windows laptop.

Originally posted by cyo
    What is a good ftp server for windows? I need to transfer some files from windows desktop to windows laptop.
    If you run Windows 2000/XP Professional or any server OSes on your desktop, try going to add/remove Windows components (under add/remove programs in the Control Panel) and add the FTP server (Under Internet Information Services). Or you could just setup a network and do it via that.

Comment

Cerberus FTP

http://www.cerberusftp.com/index.html#DownloadFTP
      "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
      "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
      Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

Originally posted by cyo
        You can also use a network crossover cable and transfer the files directly. If they were Macs, you could connect them via Firewire and transfer the files at 400 Mbits/sec.
        --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
        Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
        vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

Serv-U is kind of nice, but I thnk they are too expansive for what they provide.

Comment

Originally posted by filburt1
            You can also use a network crossover cable and transfer the files directly. If they were Macs, you could connect them via Firewire and transfer the files at 400 Mbits/sec.
            Or he could get the network cross over cable you suggested and transfer files at 1Gbit/sec.

Comment

Wing FTP Server is a good ftp server for Windows and Linux, with powerful features and easy-to-use GUI.

Comment

Filezilla FTP is good and free.
                Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
                VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
                vBulletin Hosting and Services
                Server / Website Consultation

Comment

Just download firefox and use Fire FTP (http://fireftp.mozdev.org/)
                  It's fast, easy to use and has everything you need.

Comment

Filezilla server
                    vB4 SuperCharged
                    http://www.gamingmasters.co.uk

Comment

www.FlashFXP.com is what I have been using for years, its like $30 (one time fee) and the best I have seen!

Comment

Why is everyone replying to a 7 year old thread?
                        Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
                        -
                        *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
                        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
                        - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X