Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google going down?

Hi there,

I read something about Google's database only being able to index 4.920.000.000 sites. Is this true and does that mean that Google will be finished soon?

Greets
    :rolleyes: :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: :rolleyes:

Huh? never heard of it and doubt it,

Comment

Originally posted by pHpLords.Net
      Huh? never heard of it and doubt it,
      I read it in a magazine for computers and internet, so you might wanna reconsider your opinion on the truthness of it.

Comment

It may be due to HD capacity, if so, they can just upgrade it.

Comment

Originally posted by ShiningArcanine
          It may be due to HD capacity, if so, they can just upgrade it.
          If that's so, why would the magazine make a fuzz about it. I think there is more to it.

Comment

Full details here: http://www.google-watch.org/broken.html

I saw some of the original posts at webmasterworld, and how it was taken care of, so yes, i think there is a problem...
            Bike Forums.net

Comment

everything is possible i didn't have the time to read the article yet but i'll do this after work.

but one strange thing: go to google.de and have a look at the popup-ad... there was nevern an ad before... the bad thing is, the google.de window loses focus and you have to click in the input-field first
              That's the end of that!

Comment

I dont see a popup ad at google.de, I also havent seen any mentions of ad's on any of googles sites at the forums i visit. Are you sure you do not have any ad-ware applications on your computer?
                Bike Forums.net

Comment

Originally posted by Joe
                  Full details here: http://www.google-watch.org/broken.html

I saw some of the original posts at webmasterworld, and how it was taken care of, so yes, i think there is a problem...
                  How very interesting... thanks for the info - it explains a few things for me regarding my pages in Google...

Comment

I wouldn't trust info from a propaganda site unless it's been published in a non-biased publication (and yeah, I would like to know the name of the "magazine for computers and internet" so I can read it myself)...
                    OPEN TECH SUPPORT
                    "Tech is our middle name!"

Comment

Originally posted by marocnl
                      I read it in a magazine for computers and internet, so you might wanna reconsider your opinion on the truthness of it.
                      Why do you ask, if you are so sure ?

Comment

Originally posted by xiphoid
                        Why do you ask, if you are so sure ?
                        Just making sure everybody else is sure.

The name of the magazine is 'Tips and Tricks' (it's a Dutch computer magazine). But they might have gotten that info from the site Joe just gave.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe
                          I dont see a popup ad at google.de, I also havent seen any mentions of ad's on any of googles sites at the forums i visit. Are you sure you do not have any ad-ware applications on your computer?
                          yes might be... now after re-installing everything i don't get an ad anymore...
                          That's the end of that!

Comment

Originally posted by marocnl
                            Hi there,

I read something about Google's database only being able to index 4.920.000.000 sites. Is this true and does that mean that Google will be finished soon?

Greets
                            you didnt hear it from me, but microsoft is considering buying google.

So google is far from going anywhere..
                            MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                            Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

Originally posted by Asendin
                              you didnt hear it from me, but microsoft is considering buying google.

So google is far from going anywhere..
                              If that's so, i'll STOP USING IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X