google adsense and vbulletin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Loyalty4Life
    I've had my AdSense up and running for a little while now.

http://www.ducknation.net

Unfortunately, I don't get very many visitors to my site.

Oregon? Wewt!

Comment

I started using adsense somewhere early November.

I can't say it is bad, I coded it to show on top of my forum and between first and second post. And i do have quite some spiders running around the board

but it also sends really targetted ads depending on the subject of the post, not 100% but it does work.

Comment

this is kinda funny. I have one of the larger medium sized vB's around with ~200 concurrent users avg, and 3k+ posts/day, pageviews in the millions per month and they say that they can't allow me bacuse my forum is dynamic content, yet it seems like everyone else gets to run it.

I would have thought that my audience, college aged to 30, heavily female, would have been attractive to any ad company. I guess they don't like that some threads get raucus.
        Webmaster:
        @forumz

Comment

Originally posted by Martin
          this is kinda funny. I have one of the larger medium sized vB's around with ~200 concurrent users avg, and 3k+ posts/day, pageviews in the millions per month and they say that they can't allow me bacuse my forum is dynamic content, yet it seems like everyone else gets to run it.

I would have thought that my audience, college aged to 30, heavily female, would have been attractive to any ad company. I guess they don't like that some threads get raucus.
          Stuff like this will confuse the the content analyzer....
          Animal Rights/ Veganism/ Vegetarianism
          With a recipes sub-forum? Are the recipes for road kill with steamed veggies?
          Computer Help Forum
          An informed rider makes their first destination the motorcycle forum at rider info.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin

Martin, my site stats are about like yours but I am very happy with my google adsense ads running on my site with awesome content. In fact, ads that are not only targeted to the women of my site but rich in payout.

Why would they turn down your site when there are so many other bb's that are running adsense ads? I think community boards are the best place for adsense (but then I'm biased).

What is the content of your site? Could they have turned you down based on lack of keywords?

Edited to add: Ahhh, sorry, I just checked your site. My traffic is different in that our members are 30-60+ in age range and our target niche is quite a bit different than yours.
            Fan Club member for VBulletin Dev and Support Team ;)

Hysterectomy - GirlsGetGoing.com - Fabulous Fifty

I'm frequently asked about the skin designer for my forums. ForumSkin.com

Comment

Originally posted by Kathy
              Martin, my site stats are about like yours but I am very happy with my google adsense ads running on my site with awesome content. In fact, ads that are not only targeted to the women of my site but rich in payout.

Why would they turn down your site when there are so many other bb's that are running adsense ads? I think community boards are the best place for adsense (but then I'm biased).

What is the content of your site? Could they have turned you down based on lack of keywords?

Edited to add: Ahhh, sorry, I just checked your site. My traffic is different in that our members are 30-60+ in age range and our target niche is quite a bit different than yours.
              Kathy ...you have a great site. I like the looks of your forums. I am a newbie and just purchased VB. Can you please tell me how to make the forum look like yours. Your forum looks very much like the original skin of the new VB3 release but I like the fact that its wider. How do you do that? can you please give me some pointers. Also how can I put the adsense ad up on top right below the logo. Please help me.

Comment

Sweet just got accepted into Adsense today

Comment

Rylin! You are a genius! Thanks so much. Your hack / advice is working perfect on our boards. I owe you one.

Originally posted by rylin
                  basically, you'll want most of your members to *not* have the sessionhash in their url.

After that, it's just a quick hack in admin/sessions.php to make sure unregistered users don't get it either

What I'm using is
                  PHP Code:
                  if($bbuserinfo['userid'] == 0) {
                  $bbuserinfo['nosessionhash'] = 1;
                  $session['sessionhash'] = '';

I'm not sure if it's the right way to do it, but it works wonderfully for us
                  PLANET42.COM - The Pop Culture Planet!
                  Home = http://www.planet42.com
                  Forums = http://forums.planet42.com

Comment

Does anyone have hints about applying for adsense ?
                    Basically we just have a plain old forum, not much with content to be honest, just a discussion base to talk about things. I have removed the existing ads (from valueclick.com) on the site, and I think I am ready to re-apply.
                    My Sites :

Comment

Originally posted by rylin
                      Do you have the sessionhash in your url or is it stored in a cookie?
                      If you get the sessionhash in the url, you need to change so you get it in a cookie (it's a user control panel setting).
                      As long as you and google see the same url, you shouldn't have a problem.
                      Hi

I have a few questions about session hash.

From what I understand, google does not see session hash in VB 3 RC1/2/3. Is this statement correct?

If this is true, then we must make sure that users/members do not see session hash as well, to make sure they are on the same page with google to get google to count the clicks correctly for ADSENSE. Is this true?

How do I do that, I have seen your code on session hash. How do I use it for VB 3 RC4? I saw that some people talked about turning cookies in session "on" in the USER CP. But i do not see such an option in the USER CP or ADMIN CP? How do i change it?

Please help me here.

Comment

I applied for adsense for my motorsport forum site and I was turned down. Because of "Inappropriate language". I'm not quite sure what they mean by that, especially since we filter out most swear words and edit out bad language wherever possible.

As many other forums seem to be using google I'm unsure why or how they figure the language at my site is unacceptable
                        Motorsport Forums

Comment

Glad to see, that it worked out for you now
                          http://www.mcseboard.de/images/buttons/lastpost.gif www.MCSEboard.de
                          German Windows Server & IT Pro Community dedicated to Windows Client & Server Systems. MVPs inside

Comment

Originally posted by bidouilleur
                            I started using adsense somewhere early November.

I can't say it is bad, I coded it to show on top of my forum and between first and second post.
                            Having more than one instance of adsense running on a single page is in violation of the Terms and Conditons of adsense.

Having your adsense as the secodn post in a thread is also against them. I had mine like that for a while, and received this:

Originally posted by google
                            While reviewing your account, we noticed that you're displaying Google ads on a site (www.nzboards.com) in a manner that may be unacceptable in our program policies ( https://www.google.com/adsense/policies).

You have placed Google ads that you're serving through AdSense in your forum posts. This may draw undue attention to these ads, which may encourage your users to click on them. However, if users click on ads without the intention of converting to customers, advertiser costs can be artificially inflated. Therefore, such activity is in violation of our program policies (https://www.google.com/adsense/policies).

Please remove the ads from the forum posts on your website.
                            My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
                            vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

Alright, so I have been using adsense for about 3.5 days now. I have had over 1200 impressions with a leaderboard setup, and only generated $0.11. What am I doing wrong?? I see spiders on the site a lot, but nothing is happening.

my site is located at http://www.offthetopic.com/forum

Maybe you guys could give me some feedback on what I need to do to enhance my profit?

Thanks a bunch.

Comment

Impressions means it shows on the page, and the clicks mean someone has clicked on it. Maybe the banners displayed don't attrack your members and guests to click on it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X