Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

google adsense and vbulletin

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    okidoki, how do I do this? I tried removing the sessionhash manually and proper adverts were displayed! If I leave them in only charity ads are displayed (no earnings). So my members will not see the ads unless this can be removed somehow.

    Comment


    • #17
      basically, you'll want most of your members to *not* have the sessionhash in their url.

      After that, it's just a quick hack in admin/sessions.php to make sure unregistered users don't get it either

      What I'm using is
      PHP Code:
      if($bbuserinfo['userid'] == 0) {
       
      $bbuserinfo['nosessionhash'] = 1;
       
      $session['sessionhash'] = '';

      I'm not sure if it's the right way to do it, but it works wonderfully for us
      My open eyes see everything, and you see nothing. . .
      That forum

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by okidoki
        basically, you'll want most of your members to *not* have the sessionhash in their url.

        After that, it's just a quick hack in admin/sessions.php to make sure unregistered users don't get it either

        What I'm using is
        PHP Code:
        if($bbuserinfo['userid'] == 0) {
         
        $bbuserinfo['nosessionhash'] = 1;
         
        $session['sessionhash'] = '';

        I'm not sure if it's the right way to do it, but it works wonderfully for us
        Where did you add this?

        arn

        Comment


        • #19
          I Could do with this, too

          Comment


          • #20
            End of admin/sessions.php
            My open eyes see everything, and you see nothing. . .
            That forum

            Comment


            • #21
              Thanks for the info I have added that to my sessions.php but how do I stop it for members?

              Sorry, i'm clueless when it comes to this stuff!

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by okidoki
                adsense works great for us
                all you have to do is make sure the sessionhash isn't appearing for google bots, and preferably not in the urls of your users
                How exactly does one do that?

                http://i.ksilebo.com/ksicom_button.png
                http://i.ksilebo.com/simpli_button.png

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by pHpLords.Net
                  I know someone who used their adsense on a major site and never made more than $3.

                  It is a waste!
                  And I also know someone how makes $500+ from it monthly. What a great program.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Ksilebo
                    How exactly does one do that?
                    V3 already has this automatic. For v2, you'll need to sniff for the user agent of mediapartners-google, and if found nullify the session hash.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Ah, good, then I shouldnt need to do anything.

                      http://i.ksilebo.com/ksicom_button.png
                      http://i.ksilebo.com/simpli_button.png

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by pHpLords.Net
                        I know someone who used their adsense on a major site and never made more than $3.

                        It is a waste!
                        By the looks of it, we'll be making $400 - $600 / month
                        My open eyes see everything, and you see nothing. . .
                        That forum

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          I'd appreciate it if someone can let me know how to stop the sessionhash for members

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            We'll be making about 600 this month.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              it sounds like vB3 would do a much better job with Google Adsense
                              ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                              Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by ManagerJosh
                                it sounds like vB3 would do a much better job with Google Adsense
                                Not really.
                                As long as you hack out session-hashes for anon users and make sure your users surf with the sessionhash in a cookie, you're set.
                                It's a two-minute hack, and then it works as fine as anything
                                My open eyes see everything, and you see nothing. . .
                                That forum

                                Comment

                                widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X