Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you guys think of

What do you guys think of Alternative Religons like
    Paganism, Wicca( I mystel was raised wiccan by my mother, my dad's side of the family mostly practiced South american vodoo), Vodoo, Satanism ,etc ?

I know a few people are kind of ignorant on the subject but I thought I would find out what you all thought of them.

I'm not very fond of any religions. Satan worshippers are no different than "God worshippers" in my mind... they both worship some higher power. I'm not qualified to say which is right and wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakeman
      I'm not very fond of any religions. Satan worshippers are no different than "God worshippers" in my mind... they both worship some higher power. I'm not qualified to say which is right and wrong.
      Same.

BTW, I don't believe in god
      Running vB since 4-14-2002

Comment

Christians (which I am) make this point clear...where accepting Jesus into your heart is the only way into heaven and gain eternal life.

I won't condemn people for their choices in chosing other religions because its their choice to choose another religion and not have a personal relationship with a God.
        ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
        Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by f-a_org
          What do you guys think of Alternative Religons like
          Paganism, Wicca( I mystel was raised wiccan by my mother, my dad's side of the family mostly practiced South american vodoo), Vodoo, Satanism ,etc ?

I know a few people are kind of ignorant on the subject but I thought I would find out what you all thought of them.
          Been from one end to the other and always just came back to where I am now, living my life the way I want to and answering only to me.
          http://www.icecreamforum.com

Comment

I think that people that suscribe to these "religions" do it for the shock value of being able to call oneself a "witch" or "satanist", since these words carry certain connotations in our society. Another appeal to these "religions" is that you can find yourself in a position where you'd like to defend yourself by saying that society is wrong and that Satanism or Wicca isn't really what you think it is. They will try to explain what they believe in, yet, they will still call themselves by names that intentionally isolate them. This is all, again, for the shock-value and sheer enjoyment of belonging to something "esoteric". Please note that these "reconstructions" of ancient religions came about in the 60's, thus they are relatively new. I've noticed they appeal mostly to teenagers and young adults, some of which are depressive and retracted from society.

But that's just what I think.

Comment

People can beleive whatever they want to beleive imo, as long as they don't try to force their beleifs on me, it's all good.

I Myself was christened, so that technicaly makes me a christian. but i don't like to think of myself as a christian, i'm more of a "Born again Atheist"

Comment

Originally posted by nebby
                People can beleive whatever they want to beleive imo, as long as they don't try to force their beleifs on me, it's all good.

I Myself was christened, so that technicaly makes me a christian. but i don't like to think of myself as a christian, i'm more of a "Born again Atheist"
                Basically, I have the same story. I'm supposed to be christian, but I don't go to church. I've never had 1 confirmation or 1 communion in my whole life.. so why bother now?

Comment

Originally posted by nebby

Same. .

Comment

I don't beleive in anything.
                    Worship is worship, people can beleive what they want.

Comment

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
                      Christians (which I am) make this point clear...where accepting Jesus into your heart is the only way into heaven and gain eternal life.
                      100% agree. There would be far fewer wars, crusades, and Ji'Hads if everybody else thought the same way, but nope.
                      --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
                      Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
                      vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

It Seems alot of Christinas are Fundamentalist now adays,
                        This shock value you speak of now adays really doesn't
                        shock anyone accept maybe a hardcore bible thumper.

WHen I say satanist I don't mean Church of Satan // Anton levay satanist.

I mean people who choose to worship themselves as a god.

The Pagan / wiccan religion was around before
                        christianity, and such it seems very strange that
                        some of the holidays were reverted to christianity.
                        Christmas , Halloween , Easter .

Comment

i don't believe in organised religion
                          My Sites :

Comment

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
                            I won't condemn people for their choices in chosing other religions because its their choice to choose another religion and not have a personal relationship with a God.
                            One man's satan is another man's god.

Comment

Originally posted by f-a_org
                              It Seems alot of Christinas are Fundamentalist now adays,
                              This shock value you speak of now adays really doesn't
                              shock anyone accept maybe a hardcore bible thumper.

WHen I say satanist I don't mean Church of Satan // Anton levay satanist.

I mean people who choose to worship themselves as a god.

The Pagan / wiccan religion was around before
                              christianity, and such it seems very strange that
                              some of the holidays were reverted to christianity.
                              Christmas , Halloween , Easter .
                              That is Anton LaVey Satanism. Read his book, that's all he says. Worshiping god is like worshiping yourself by proxy because you invented god, therefore you are a god. Call that what you may, he just called it Satanism because it sounded cool. The "pagan/wiccan" religion first came about in the 60's as a "reconstruction" of ancient religions of peoples who have ceased to exist. Paganism is not a religion, it was a term coined to any non Christian religion back then, and there were a lot of them depending on the area.

I've seen more Muslim fundamentalists though. They like to blow things up from time to time.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X