X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yappi
    replied
    Originally posted by pHpLords.Net
    Not a good idea IMHO because the Announcement feature is a precious resource to be used for serious aanouncements.
    OK, it doesn't necessarily have to be an announcement, it can be a sticky post in each individual forum, but that takes more effort on part of the owner of the site.

I understand why some people are reluctant but the number of times I see people complain about an inability to make money leads me to believe that some are interested in finding other sources for making money. Maybe I'm wrong...

Leave a comment:

• Mark Hewitt
    replied
    Announcements? Probably not. However theres nothing wrong with running an advert (doesn't have to be banner, could be text or anything) across the top of your forums for a specific price.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Not a good idea IMHO because the Announcement feature is a precious resource to be used for serious aanouncements.

If you used this tactic you would be likely to loose members and get members to completely ignore important announcements.

This is my HO.

Max

Leave a comment:

• Yappi
    started a topic Announcement Advertising?

Announcement Advertising?

I'm just curious if any of you have ever done "announcement advertising"?

I'm considering trying to go to some relatively popular forums and approaching them about running an ad like this and I would like to see how receptive to this idea everyone would be and what kind of prices people would charge.

Here's some specs for an ad like this:

Duration: 1 week in all forums of your site
    Type: Small paragraph (325 characters) with text link at the bottom.

I don't have the money to spend on something like this right now, it is mostly just research and seeing if there is a market for this type of advertising. If you could just post how much you would charge and the average number of "Currently Active Users" you have on during the day.

Thanks!!!
    Last edited by Yappi; Tue 22 Jul '03, 9:55pm.