Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AlienWare Alternative for UK?

www.alienware.com

Great site with great PC builder, great packages, great cases, great computers really...

But that's in the US, I don't want to have it sent over from there to UK as costs will be high, products may be damaged, getting support would be hard, all power adapters will be US ones and not UK ones.

Are there any sites like AlienWare but based in the UK?

ok, LOL, I just went to www.alienware.co.uk and its there! They have it in several countries!

Nevermind

Comment

Nice site, I might order something

Comment

They're quite expensive, I decided I might aswell by parts separately, will be much much cheaper!

Comment

They may be expensive but their support is second-to-none and their systems are top-notch. Plus the cases are just damn cool.

Also I don't know if they offer this in the UK, but in the US if you want to upgrade your system, they will sell you the new part at wholesale cost, and will install it for free (if you pay for shipping the system to and fro) or you can install it yourself. If a new component is incompatible with an older component, they will replace the older component for free.

Comment

Originally posted by tubedogg
            They may be expensive but their support is second-to-none and their systems are top-notch. Plus the cases are just damn cool.

Also I don't know if they offer this in the UK, but in the US if you want to upgrade your system, they will sell you the new part at wholesale cost, and will install it for free (if you pay for shipping the system to and fro) or you can install it yourself. If a new component is incompatible with an older component, they will replace the older component for free.
            I'm not sure if they offer this in UK, they have significantly less stuff for UKers than USers ; I suppose we'll have to wait until they implement these things. For example in the UK version of AlienWare, the Support System isn't even ready.

Comment

I am a member of their newsletters and they opened in the uk this year. If I remember correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by tubedogg
                Brand new Alienware user here (less than a week) but I am LOVING my new computer so far. It wasn't much more expensive than a Dell or a Gateway and came with better parts. And I will second the notion that the cases are cool, I have the black Alienware tower case with blue lights and it is just slick looking. Two thumbs up!!!
                Thanks,
                Karri

Comment

Originally posted by Karri
                  Brand new Alienware user here (less than a week) but I am LOVING my new computer so far. It wasn't much more expensive than a Dell or a Gateway and came with better parts. And I will second the notion that the cases are cool, I have the black Alienware tower case with blue lights and it is just slick looking. Two thumbs up!!!
                  You have the exact computer I want - Lucky

I will save and get one eventually

Satan

Comment

Now that is a coool case you got there Karri! What are the system specs?

Comment

Those prices are insane. I could build the same PC myself for half the price. The only difference is that I wouldn't have such a pretty case (although there are a lot more interesting options available in that department these days anyway).

Comment

Originally posted by Stryker
                        Those prices are insane. I could build the same PC myself for half the price. The only difference is that I wouldn't have such a pretty case (although there are a lot more interesting options available in that department these days anyway).
                        Exactly my thinking but i'm currently debating what to do, if I ever do get a new computer, do I get the parts separately? I'm quite in-experienced in that field although I know I could pull through, but with AlienWare there's the reliability, the readiness, support, cheap upgrades, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by N9ne
                          Exactly my thinking but i'm currently debating what to do, if I ever do get a new computer, do I get the parts separately? I'm quite in-experienced in that field although I know I could pull through, but with AlienWare there's the reliability, the readiness, support, cheap upgrades, etc.
                          Depends if you want to fork out the money. Imo, if you want a hassle free system that wont "die" on you when you first put it together, something 100% reliable, a vendor system would be good.

If you want to build a cheaper pc around the same spec, shop around for part prices. Though, youll find if you have a faulty component its harder to get a replcement (in my experience in australia anyway).

Theres always someone around to help you out with questions about how to put the systems together should you need it too.

Comment

Originally posted by Sephiroth 9999
                            ! Now that is a coool case you got there Karri! What are the system specs?
                            It is a custom system (that is the name they gave it), although it seems just like the Area 51
                            It has
                            Intel 3.2GHz 800MHz FSB w/ 512KB Cache & HyperThreading
                            2 gigs of ram
                            2 200 gig drives and a 70 gig drive (bought it with the first 200 gig and added the other 2 drives from my old machine, always fun to have a brand new computer arrive just so you can get it out of the box and pull the case apart to start playing with the insides. )
                            standard boring DVD drive but added my Sony +- DVD burner so no need to pay for anything more when I was going to do that.
                            Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Platinum - 6.1 w/Black Audigy 2 Drive
                            20" flat panel monitor and my old 21" monitor (amazing how terrible the old monitor looks compared to the new one)
                            ATI RADEON 9800 PRO 256MB 8x AGP
                            Creative MegaWorks THX® 6.1 (although they don't seem to have that option listed anymore)

I LOVE it, it is sooo fast and quiet compared to my old Dell. That thing had a fan that just made noise, it wasn't even a mechanical noise it was noise from the air blowing out the back and it was always hot. This thing has yet to heat up like that and it has 4 fans to the Dell's 1 and makes less noise. I suppose if you are looking to save $$ you could build one yourself but I like the idea that when something on it dies I can call up tech support and say send me a new part and the part arrives at my house usually with in a day or so.
                            Thanks,
                            Karri

Comment

Originally posted by Karri
                              It is a custom system (that is the name they gave it), although it seems just like the Area 51
                              It has
                              Intel 3.2GHz 800MHz FSB w/ 512KB Cache & HyperThreading
                              2 gigs of ram
                              2 200 gig drives and a 70 gig drive (bought it with the first 200 gig and added the other 2 drives from my old machine, always fun to have a brand new computer arrive just so you can get it out of the box and pull the case apart to start playing with the insides. )
                              standard boring DVD drive but added my Sony +- DVD burner so no need to pay for anything more when I was going to do that.
                              Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Platinum - 6.1 w/Black Audigy 2 Drive
                              20" flat panel monitor and my old 21" monitor (amazing how terrible the old monitor looks compared to the new one)
                              ATI RADEON 9800 PRO 256MB 8x AGP
                              Creative MegaWorks THX® 6.1 (although they don't seem to have that option listed anymore)

I LOVE it, it is sooo fast and quiet compared to my old Dell. That thing had a fan that just made noise, it wasn't even a mechanical noise it was noise from the air blowing out the back and it was always hot. This thing has yet to heat up like that and it has 4 fans to the Dell's 1 and makes less noise. I suppose if you are looking to save $$ you could build one yourself but I like the idea that when something on it dies I can call up tech support and say send me a new part and the part arrives at my house usually with in a day or so.
                              That's a great system! Must've cost you quite a bit too

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X